Chapter 8

ELIZABETH'S (KAYLEE'S) POV

... there is a huge castle in front of me. I'm impressed but don't let it show on my face. The car stops and the door is opened for me. I slide out of the car and look up to the front of the castle where a man who looked like Luke except with light purple eyes, stood waiting with his arms behind his back. I follow Luke and Nate up to the man who smiles widely and kindly at me once I'm closer.

"Hello dear, I'm Zen Power. Luke's father." The man introduces.

I hold out my hand for him shake and he does. "My name is Elizabeth, lovely to meet you."

"Come on inside, dear. We shall get you cleaned up and some food into your system."

"Thank you, sir."

"None of that sir stuff with me, I'm your adoptive father you can treat me as such."

"Sorry, habit."

"It's quite all right, dear. You will get used to it eventually."

We walk inside the castle and Luke stands beside before looking down at me, "I'll show you to your room."

"Thank you, Luke."

"You're welcome."

Luke leads me up some stairs and down a couple hallways before we come across a girl a little older than me.

She goes to push me but instincts kick in and I have her pinned up against a wall instantly.

"Let go of me, you stupid bitch!" She yells.

I look her dead in the eyes, "Call me that again."

"I-I'm s-sorry, I d-didn't m-mean t-to u-upset you." She stutters clearly scared.

I nod before letting her drop to the ground. She looks behind me before starting to yell again, "Why didn't you do anything?!"

"Because you deserved it, plus I wasn't going to try and go against her." Luke replies.

"Why are you with her anyway? You're mine." She asks.

"I'm not yours. I am my own person, you're not even my beloved. You're just some desperate sl---"

"Don't call her that. Whether it is true or not is irrelevant, just do not finish that word." I interrupt.

"Sorry, please Tess just go away and stop acting like I'm yours because I'm not." Luke says.

Tess huffs before getting off the floor and stomping away.

"Why did you stop me from calling her a slut?" Luke asks as we continue walking to my room.

"Because it is a horrible thing to be called, it can do a lot of damage to someone." I answer.

"Have you been called a slut before?"

"That is personal information."

"Yea but I'm basically your brother now. You can tell me."

"A lot has happened to me in the past year, not all of it was good. The majority of it was bad if I'm being honest, that's all I'm saying. I will open up to you when I know you better."

"Understandable." He replies before stopping outside a white door.

He opens the door before opening it, "This is your room."

I look around and instantly fall in love with it. It has a king size bed in the middle, a bedside table bedside it, a desk with a laptop, lamp and note books on it, there are french doors that lead out onto a beautiful balcony that has a great view from where I'm standing, plus there are two other doors. The room is huge and has heaps of space even with what is in it. I walk over to one of the doors and open it to find a beautiful en suite. The other door opens to reveal a huge walk in wardrobe, with shelves, draws, bars to hang all my clothes on and it even had seats to sit down on.