Chapter 20

TALON'S POV

I don't know what's happening with Liz but I want to find out. If Zen won't let me into the gym then I'll wait until she comes out.

Nate and Luke stand in the doorway of the gym making sure I don't see anything or try to sneak in.

"She'll explain when she's ready, don't push her." Nate says.

"I don't want to push her but her behaviour is weird." I reply.

"You just have to get used to it and work around it." Nate states.

"Has she told you guys?" I ask.

"No, we know some of it but not the full story. Zen knows more than us but even he doesn't know the full story, she refuses to tell anyone until she's ready. If you push her to tell you then she will just push you away, she's good at the silent treatment." Luke explains.

"Damn." 

"She's stubborn." Nate comments.

"She has major mood swings." Luke comments.

"The simplest things can set her off." Nate comments.

"She's ready to leave the gym." I hear Liz say from behind Nate and Luke.

"Oh sorry, sis." Luke says before moving to the side.

"Yea sorry, babes." Nate says as he does the same.

"Don't worry about it, guys." She replies before walking forward dressed in three quarter leggings and a baggy jersey and holding her previous clothes.

"Talon, walk with me." She demands before starting to walk away.

I follow close behind her as she heads up to her room. She puts her clothes in her wardrobe before sitting on her bed. I grab her desk chair and move it so it's in front of her before sitting down.

"Talon, one thing you have to understand with me is I'm different. I have had a lot happen to me in my life, specifically in the last year and it has changed me. As the boys said, I'm stubborn, I have major mood swings and the slightest things set me off. I don't like talking about what has happened to me but I have decided that in order to move on I have to start talking to people. So, I am formally inviting you to come to my house this weekend. I will be having a dinner before explaining to all the people I chose what happened to me and my life's story." She says, shocking me to my core.

"So you'll tell me and the others what happened?" I ask cautiously.

"Yes." She answers.

"I would love to come."

"Ok but I will warn you now, it's not pretty and I will understand if it gets to much for you."

"Do you think I would reject you over this?"

"You might, it's not a pretty story."

"I would never reject you." I state firmly causing her to smile lightly at me.

****************************************************************************************

ELIZABETH'S POV

SATURDAY NIGHT...

I invited Luke, Zen, Nate, Bella, Jackson, Blake, Talon and Trent to the dinner and those who wanted to stay for my life story had the choice.

We are currently eating dinner. Well the others are, I'm nibbling. Talon looks at me with concern but I just shake my head.

After everyone is full we move to the huge lounge where everyone sits down, minus me who stands up the front.