Chapter 28

MOLLIE'S POV

To say I am happy that Kaylee/Elizabeth is here is an understatement. I'm over the moon. She definitely seems different but I suppose that's what happens when you are kidnapped and all your family is killed.

When I tell her about Sarah she abruptly stands up before stomping off.

"What's wrong?" I ask her friends.

"She just needs time to cool off." Zen explains with a sad smile.

"Does this happen often?" I ask.

"Yea, she has a lot going on but when she cried before that was the first time she had cried in a long time." Zen answers.

Elizabeth comes back onto the deck looking a lot calmer. She walks over and sits on Talon's lap causing him to wrap his arms around her.

"Sorry about that but I didn't want you guys seeing my outburst any more that what you did." She explains.

"Don't worry about it, Hun. May I ask what happened when you went for your run?" I ask carefully.

"Sure. I was stopped by three guys basically made of muscle, Matt, Dave and Lea. They told me to come quietly so I did, not bothering to argue with them. They took me to the place they were staying at and changed my appearance, dyed my hair white with a blue stripe, tanned me with self tanning lotion and gave me geek glasses. Then they took me to Hamilton where we stayed the night in a motel. They took me to Auckland the next day and we flew to America. I was taken to a house in a secluded part of country where they trained me. I learned how to throw knives, shoot guns and fight. Then they broke me down by teaching me pain was weakness and cutting me with knives, whipping me, beating me and verbally abusing me. Then they brought in a TV and I watched as my family was all killed, not once did I shed a tear. Then Dave who I had gotten really close to was killed by Matt, that's when I shed one single tear. Then Matt injected me with liquids to make me stronger. Then I was saved. It sounds bad but when I wasn't in the basement they all showed me love and I loved them. I still love them despite what they did. Matt was sentenced to 10 years in prison while Lea was sentenced to four." She explains and mine and Conner's eyes widen.

"So you must have lots of scars." Conner says and she nods.

She takes off my cardigan and shows us the scars running down her arms before explaining, "I have them on my thighs, back and stomach as well."

"I understand the idea of loving someone even if they hurt you, you can't help who you love." I say and she smiles. I understand how she feels even if it isn't on the same level.

I hear baby Kaylee start to cry and stand up before going into the house and into her room. I walk over and pick her up from the crib before walking back to the deck, trying to get her to stop crying.

Elizabeth stands up and comes over to me, "May I?" She asks and I nod before handing Kaylee to her.

Kaylee instantly stops crying and smiles. Kaylee reaches her little hands up and touches Liz's face.

"Wow, I wish she would do that with me." I comment before going over and sitting down on my seat again.

"You know kids have always liked me, Molls." She comments and I laugh.

"Yea I know." I say.

Liz walks back over to Talon and sits on his lap while rocking little Kaylee. Talon smiles at Liz before kissing the side of her head.

"I want one, Tal." Liz comments and Talon chuckles.

"I know, baby, but we said we would wait." Talon replies.