Chapter 33

TALON'S POV

I sit down on the couch beside Zen and Liz gets herself comfortable. Liz doesn't say anything just lays her head on my chest and moves her hands to rest either side of her head on my chest. Zen smiles sadly at Liz but doesn't say anything.

"So where are you guys moving?" Nate asks Conner and Mollie.

"California, near the beach. My boss is paying for everything and my pay check will be enough to pay for the house bills and everything else we need plus some. The house isn't on the beach front but it's only a few minutes drive." Conner answers, squeezing Mollie's free hand. Mollie is holding onto little Kaylee with the other arm. Little Kaylee seems to be sleeping quite peacefully.

"That would be my doing." I hear Liz say in my mind.

"How are we even talking like this? I didn't think it was possible."

"The werewolf blood in me allows us to mind link like any other werewolf mates."

"Cool. What's your doing, by the way?"

"Baby Kaylee and her sleeping. I told her to be a good girl for her parents."

"Is it like a spell?"

"No, it's just in her mind."

"Ah alright ."

I feel her cut off the mind link and go back to just resting. I kiss the top of her head before joining with the laughing and joking that is going on around me.

****

Nate ends up having to drive us home in Liz's car because she's fast asleep. Zen explained to me that when she gets angry like that she gets tired and just rests but because it was so bad this time she has fallen asleep to kinda recharge.

When we get back to the motel I take Liz to our room and place her in the bed before covering her with the blankets. I then get a new t-shirt out of my suitcase and slip it on before going out to the lounge with everyone else.

I sit down on the couch beside Zen and he smiles at me, "She'll probably be a little bit clingy for the rest of the weekend but she'll be back to herself on Monday."

"What brought on the being clingy?" I ask, wondering what that had to do with the anger.

"Nothing to do with the anger. It's because of what happened with Hannah and when it happened. She had just had an episode and Hannah was staring at you like a piece of meat, so Liz will be a little clingy subconsciously until her mind tells her it's ok to go back to normal but it doesn't last long." Zen explains and I nod. Makes sense.

We all sit there talking about boy stuff and laughing occasionally until it gets to dinner time. Xavier, Nate, Troy and Caleb go out to get takeaways for dinner while Zen and I stay and talk.

"So what's happening with the mating process thing? I know it's a big thing in the werewolf world." Zen asks.

"We said we would wait until we are both 18. Liz turns 17 in a couple months and I'm already 17 so in just over a year." I answer.

"Why are you waiting so long?"

"Well, because I'm an Alpha the first time I mate with my mate the chances of Liz getting pregnant are significantly higher than normal. Liz and I aren't ready to be parents just yet and we still have another year of school to go."

"Makes sense. When I found my beloved I was about 100 while she was 18 so I had to wait a little while. Her parents were fine with us mating but Charlotte, my beloved, was not so keen. She was immediately won over by me but she was scared so I told her we would wait until she was ready. I waited for four years before she finally decided she was ready. Great thing was, I had been having a horrible day until she told me she was ready. Luke was conceived that night but it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact I was a powerful vampire, it was simply because we did it, a lot. What I'm trying to say is just because genes says you should end up impregnating her straight away doesn't mean you will but I'm also saying it's ok to wait."