Chapter 9

ELIZABETH'S POV

When I get to my new school I park in the student parking lot before getting out of my car. I grab my bag from inside the car before shutting the door and locking it. I still have my sunglasses on my face from when I was driving but I didn't really feel like taking them off anyway.

I look down at my right hand where a gold ring sat on my ring finger, it's my sun ring. Apparently I need one because even though I am still partly human having this ring is back up to make sure I don't burn in the sun.

I look up again and confidently walk up the steps to the front of the school. I walk into the crowded hallway and sigh, great now I had to get through without hurting people. I start to walk through the hallway until I accidentally bump into someone. I look down and see a girl about my age with blonde hair, olive skin and is kinda chubby but not overly so.

I quickly bend down and put out my hand to help her up, "I'm so sorry. Are you ok?" I ask.

She looks up at me and her blue eyes fill with fear, "I-I'm s-sorry I w-wasn't w-watching where I w-was going."

"No it was my fault, I'm kinda lost. Are you ok?" I ask again.

"Y-yea, I'm fine. I'm used to it anyway." She replies.

"Do you get pushed over often?" I ask feeling my anger levels rise.

She nods slowly. I smile softly before taking her hand and helping her to her feet.

"I'm Elizabeth." I introduce myself.

"I'm Isabella." She replies with a small smile.

"Well, could you please show me to the office?" I ask with a small smile of my own.

"Yea, sure."

I smile at her before linking arms with her and letting her lead me to the office. I notice that she is rather tense but seems kind of calm with me here.

"You should relax, it's not good to tense your muscles all the time." I comment.

"I'm just nervous because usually pretty people like yourself are mean to me." She replies.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I'm going to be your friend." I tell her with a smile.

"Really?" She asks looking up at me with shock written all over her face.

"Yea, why would I not be friends with you?"

"Because you're pretty and I'm not."

"You are so pretty. You are beautiful and you shouldn't let anyone tell you different." I tell her sternly.

"Ok."

I'm not lying when I say she's beautiful because she is. Yes she is a little on the chubby side but there is nothing wrong with that, she is beautiful inside and out and I'm going to help her realise that.

"Here's the office." She says quietly.

"You wanna come in with me and we can see if we have the same classes?"

"Sure."

I smile before going over to the office lady. She looks up at me and smiles lightly, "Hello dear, how can I help you?"

"Hi I'm new and need my schedule." I answer.

"Name?"

"Elizabeth Power."

"Ah yes, here you are, dear." She replies before handing me a couple pieces of paper.

"Thank you."