Scotton Candy

Do I want to tell him? No, I shouldn't tell him. He was just trying to be nice. He was trying to take me on a nice, fun date. I mean, this is fun, right? This isn't necessarily outdoorsy, though it represents outdoorsy. Man, is he wondering why I'm sitting here screaming at myself? Should I get out? Should I just suck it up? God, I'm not wearing the right bottoms for this. My jeans will rip-GOD MY FAVORITE PAIR OF JEANS. These cost me a fortune. I have to tell him. I have to-

"Mitch?" Scott put his hand on Mitch's shoulder gently and startled him. He had the car stopped for a good minute while Mitch was sitting there, slowly unbuckling himself and thinking to himself.

"What? Oh. Sorry. I just..." He trailed off and slowly opened the door. He had to say it. He couldn't not... and the double negative was very necessary.

"Is something wrong?"

"Scotty... I just... the idea is so perfect. But, um... god, I'm so sorry." Mitch wiped his hands on his skinny jeans and bit his bottom lip. "It'll be a little hard to rock climb in skinny jeans, unless you don't mind my crotch ripping open. I mean, I guess you wouldn't mind. God, stop me now." Mitch's cheeks flushed full on crimson.

"Oh, god. I can't believe I didn't think about that!" Scott leaned his face against his steering wheel. "This is so awkward. I have a back-up plan! Please don't hate me!"

"I don't hate you." Mitch laughed. "I'm so sorry... I wish you'd told me or else I could've grabbed some stretchy bottoms or something."

"No, it was my fault. I was dumb. I was too excited. I have a back-up plan. I always have a back-up plan." Mitch grinned at the blonde for being slightly flustered, just as he was moments ago. Mitch put his foot back in the car, shut the door, and buckled back up.

"So, what's your back-up plan?"

"Not telling you." The brunette groaned. "So, what kind of music do you like to listen to? Plug it in." Scott leaned his body down a bit to reach the auxiliary cord and he handed it to Mitch. Mitch took the cord and plugged it into his phone.

"I listen to all kinds of things, but my specialty is electronic dance music." Mitch opened up his iTunes and scrolled through, finding just the artist he would play.

"Oh, like Skrillex?" Scott smiled, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Sure... something like that." Mitch chuckled and pressed play on SOPHIE's hit song, Lemonade. He enjoyed watching Scott's face while he listened to the song. It wasn't your ordinary song to start out with, but as the song went on Scott's head bobbed to the beat. Mitch was pleased that Scott wasn't appalled with his music. This was the start of a beautiful friendship.

---

Scott and Mitch arrived at their second location and walked up to the doors and walked inside, Scott holding the door open for Mitch.

"So, this is your idea of a first date? Taking me to Mountasia?" Mitch chuckled. "I didn't think you had it in you, Hoying."

"What, is it bad? I mean, I was going to take us rock climbing but I forgot to tell you to wear stretchy bottoms." Scott shrugged and leaned against the wall as soon as they walked through the doors. "I just figured it would be a nicer idea as opposed to dinner and a movie. I hate being cliché."

"Scotland, this is absolutely perfect. Besides, no one likes those boring first dates. I live for adventure. I've been on a fun adventure already and we haven't even started anything here."

"What, you're giving me nicknames already?" Scott smirked. He walked up to the front counter and stood behind another couple. Mitch followed and crossed his arms.