You're Never Too Sweaty for Me

"Kappy, you're not answering my phone calls. I'm coming over, and I have your key so, um, I'm coming in. Don't be obscene. Or do be obscene. Whatever floats your boat? Okay, bye!" Mitch left the studio not long after Scott did. He listened to the entire voice message, listening to his song that he played, and then hearing when Scott came into the room. Mitch's voice grew a pinch higher with Scott in the room, and he seemed slightly nervous. He wasn't sure why. Sure, Scott was handsome and charismatic, and his voice and skills behind the piano were stunning, and his disposition could radiate off of anybody, and his smile... okay, so maybe Mitch had every idea why he was nervous around the blonde. There was something about him that stuck out. He wouldn't admit it out loud to anybody (except for Avi) but he was undoubtedly eager to see Scott tomorrow and take him up on the offer for a duet. Their voices might be completely contrasting, but sometimes opposites attract. It was definitely worth the try. Mitch made a note before he left the studio to talk to Fia about Scott in a few days, and to get a copy of those photos. He had to make sure he at least looked good in them.

Avi had given Mitch a spare key and was more than willing to allow him to come over whenever he wanted. Their friendship was a very free and open one. It was nice to have very contrasting ideas between the two, and Mitch loved having a masculine friend... and a friend who was very loyal. That was one of Mitch's favorite things about Avi. They'd been friends for quite a while and knew every single quirk and knew what set them off. Avi would always somehow have great advice for Mitch when it came to relationships, too. Mitch would always keep Avi balanced, and keep him in touch with his inner feminine side. Avi wouldn't tell anyone, but he would sit down and eat a bucket full of chicken while crying his eyes out to Time Traveler's Wife. He felt comfortable enough around Mitch to let him share his bucket of chicken. Mitch even got Avi to wear some eyeliner and come out onto the town with him, which was an absolute blast for Mitch to get to see Avi's adventurous side. He would always spend most of his time arranging pieces for the Academy, so Avi was always a busy boy.

Mitch walked up to Avi's apartment and invited himself in, intrigued by some ethereal flute sounds coming from inside the apartment. When he opened the door he was faced with Avi doing push-ups on the floor in nothing but gym shorts, Nikes, and a bright orange headband. He was so focused that he didn't notice the door fly open, but Mitch stood there pulling out his phone and immediately taking a Snapchat.

"Avi likes to do push-ups and listen to worldly flute music. Ladies, he's single. Come get him." Mitch giggled and released the button on the video after Avi snapped his head towards Mitch.

"Don't tell me you don't listen to some weird shit while you work out," Avi huffed, using one hand to straighten his headband. "It gets me pumped."

"You're weird, but I love you." Mitch grinned and watched as Avi started to get off the floor, waving his hands and protesting. "Oh, no! Don't stop on my account. I could watch you do push-ups all day." He sat down on the couch and crossed his legs, flashing his signature smirk along with unconsciously fixing his bangs.

"Girl, no." Avi went into the kitchen and opened the fridge, pulling out two water bottles. "Heads up!" He tossed one in Mitch's direction. "So, how was your first day?"

"It went really well, actually." Mitch cracked open the cap of the water bottle and poured a little into his mouth, avoiding contact to his lips. "I got a grand tour of the place and met a few really sweet people, plus got a little bit of music in myself. Sort of."

"Sort of? Explain." Avi sat down on the floor in front of Mitch, pulling his knees up near his chest and resting his arms on his knees.

"Well... there was a cute boy."

"GIRL, DETAILS!" Avi's voice raised two octaves, and Mitch simply rolled his eyes. Avi cleared his throat and responded to it with a deep, regular voice. "Sorry. Tell me all about it."