Ho-Ho-Hoying

Flashback //

"What the hell is this?" Mitch backed out of his entryway, allowing Scott to tote in a huge box. It was practically the length of Scott's body, and was rather thin. He looked like a superhero, dressed in his Batman onesie with, yet again, the wrong cape. Mitch instantly saw the tree on the box, knowing exactly what was going on. Scott, by some wonderful force (a.k.a. Kirstin), learned that Mitch didn't have a tree in his apartment. He was hardly ever home and he felt it would be a waste of time to put one up, especially when he knew Wyatt would only tear it down. But, still, he missed being able to put the tree up with family. He missed being able to dance around the kitchen in pajamas, drinking eggnog and listening to Christmas music. He missed it all, but it never felt like home when Christmas time rolled around. It seemed like things would be changing today.

"After I saw you this morning, Kirstin told me that you'd wanted something special. So, here's your special. I've got ornaments in my trunk. Will you go down and get them?" Scott set the box on the ground, opening the top and smiling as soon as he saw the green pines.

"You're impossible, Hoying." Mitch shook his head and ran downstairs, finding Scott's car and opening the trunk, grabbing the box and barely getting half way before Scott met him, scooping the box up in his hands. "So, you are aware that Christmas is in two days and, well, I'll just tear it down in three?"

"No you won't. It's not over until the new year comes. If you tear it down I will be depressed. Don't make me depressed. It's Christmas, okay?" Scott grinned, bringing the ornament box into the living room. "Now, where should a tree go?" He and Mitch scanned the apartment, looking for opportune spots. Mitch couldn't seem to find one, but Scott claimed he did. "This beautiful tree deserves to be the center of attention. Why don't we put it..." He walked over to the kitchen window. It could be seen in the kitchen and in the living room, and especially from the hallways. It would be the first thing you see coming in from any room in the apartment. The perfect spot. Scott walked over to the spot he chose and stood there, putting his hands on his hips. "Here."

"Are you sure? Isn't it going to be a little... in the way?" Mitch sat down on the couch, staring at the box of ornaments.

"Are you kidding me? It'll be perfect here." He walked over to Mitch and grabbed his hands. "Why so gloomy, sunshine?"

"Sunshine hasn't felt in the Christmas spirit since he's been in Los Angeles." Mitch shrugged and squeezed Scott's hands gently before having them released. He leaned forward and grabbed the first small box on top of the pile of ornaments. They were simple sparkly purple and green colored balls, already equipped with hangers. He remembered the many hours of having to find the hooks, looping them through, and finding the perfect spot on the free for that particular ornament. They each had their own place to go.

"Well, that's no bueno." Scott stood up and opened up the box, revealing the different parts of the tree. "I was informed that my boyfriend was a sunny ball of sunshine and not a gloomy one; therefore, we're going to have Christmas. Right here in the Grassi apartment. Okay?" He pulled the top half of the tree out and laid it on the floor and looked up at Mitch, expecting to see a nod or hear a response. "Okay?" he reiterated.

"Okay." Mitch laughed and set the box of ornaments on the couch. "Let me change into something comfortable so I match you. Don't get too crazy without me."

"I'll try not to. I'll do the part that requires my super height." The blonde grinned as he pulled out the remainder of the tree and set it on the floor. Wyatt trotted in, coming up to Scott's leg and purring happily. "Hi, Wyatt! Please, don't eat the tree." If he could speak, he would say something along the lines of 'whatever' and ignore every word Scott said, especially since he went over to the box and begun sniffing the unfamiliar object.