Silhouette

Thank you for the album cover, bigmacspender

It's amazing how life can change in just a blink of an eye. Situations like these can alter every aspect of a person's life. Their friendships. Their point of view on living. Their residence. Their daily lives. Their occupation. An example befitting is when a young woman becomes pregnant with her first child. Let's say she's married, living in a small, one bedroom apartment. She and her husband will have to discuss money. Their budgets will shift. They will also consider getting a larger home, one with space to grow a family. Where will they live? What town will they choose to have their children grow up in? Will their small car be large enough to support their family? Will this alter friendships with those who don't easily manage with friends with children? How close is the couple to their family so they can have assistance when the baby comes? These aren't nearly enough thoughts that run through a family's mind once a big change happens.

One month after his album release, Mitch found himself in a tricky situation. It was almost an immediate decision for the tenor, though, but there were multiple things that held him back. He received a call from a producer in Tennessee that heard Mitch's album and immediately wanted to work with him. He'd offer him more money, plus a chance to work with a few of his idols in the music business. Everything was being handed to him on a silver platter, and then some. He'd begun posting some videos on YouTube and his follower count was slowly increasing, but it was nothing too big to be noticed by too many people. But his music was definitely getting out there, and for some reason he just wasn't happy about it. So, he came down to a conclusion. Location.

Over the past few months Mitch had his accidental run-ins with Scott. He would be at the store every so often to buy his groceries for the week and would see Scott walking around, looking extremely happy most days. He remembered how easy it was for Scott to just accept his life. Truth be told, as the days carried on at the Institute they became easier. He begun finding ways to make things easier on him. He'd also started getting out more, meeting Kirstin for lunch or dinner dates and stopping by RCA to visit Ben, Fia, and the rest of the gang. It was all too painful for Mitch to be at RCA on those particular days, but he wouldn't even make eye contact with Scott. The one time he did he almost collapsed.

Mitch sat in the piano room across from the lobby lounge and was erasing lyrics and re-writing in a frenzy, upset from how things sounded on a new piece that he was working on. And suddenly he froze. A vibrant voice broke through the air, conversing with Fia at the front desk. He heard it clear as day. It was a voice he could never forget. He focused on distracting himself with his music but couldn't help but draw himself into the conversation.

"How are things nowadays for you, Ott-Sco?" The shorter blonde pulled her tall friend into her arms and embraced him with the tightest hug she could offer. It had been awhile for them, so she made sure to make these moments worth while.

"Things are going well. I'm teaching music classes at the Institute. They tell me I'm basically doing Music Therapy without a degree, but it comes easy for me since I just have this connection through music. Some of the kids I met today could melt my heart. There's a little girl there who has seizures that resets her memory, yet she's so happy any other time. And she's so intelligent. She hasn't had a seizure in a few days, though, because she said she'd met me before. Those days are nice because I feel like she's teaching me more than I'm teaching her. I just wish I could retain it." He begun making some coffee for both of them, making hers first and leaning his back against the counter while the machine brewed.

"I'm so happy for you!" She put her hand on his arm and held it there for a moment. "You're okay. That makes me very happy. I do miss you, though."