60: We want another sibling!

Blossom

I rushed from the couch into Alyssa's room. I already had tears in my eyes. I was so sad that she didn't trust me at all and that she didn't feel comfortable telling me. It was something. And it didn't feel good in my guts.

She looked up at me the second I opened her door. She looked so confused and worried.

"What's wrong?" She invited me to sit down on her bed. Her eyes followed me to the bed and then melted with mine, this was genuine eye contact.

"Alyssa, you know that I'm always here for you and I'm here to listen if you've got something to say. That you can tell me anything?"

"Yeah."

"Then why didn't you tell me that you like girls?"

She stopped for a bit but then proceeded to smile at me. "I didn't want you looking at me differently."

I couldn't hold it in anymore and I put my hands to my face and felt so miserable. I only had one job as her big sister and I had failed epically.

"I would never, ever judge you for something you can't help. There ain't nothing wrong with your feelings about love."

"I get that, Blossom. Please don't cry you're making me cry."

"Please... I'm a terrible sister."

"No. You're the best sister."

It did feel great to hear that, even though she was now aware of the fact that we weren't actually sisters. Alyssa leaned forward and kissed me on my cheek, then she hugged me from the side.

"I want to tell you that I've grown stronger with realizing this. Because there's a lot of shit that comes with it. Because with all the homophobic slurs being thrown around the halls at school, you've got to be though."

I nodded, listening to her. She sounded so grown.

"So if anyone bothers you any further about this whole no parent thing, they're catching these hands."

I laughed at the 12 year old little beast.

"You don't wanna get in trouble. Jason needs to be at work and they'll call him right away. Just use your mouth to defend me, that's enough."

"No promises."

Jason

I listened to the girls by putting my ear to the door. Everything they said made me so happy. I even heard Alyssa's lips smacking against Blossom's cheek. Alyssa only kisses the most important people in her life. And they said sister to each other. I could now go help Maddie with dinner and have a peaceful moment with her.

"Pizza?" I raised an eyebrow. Homemade pizza was one of my favorites.

"You deserve one of your favorites when you come home from your first day at work." She smiled as she put some more cheese on top of it.

"Thank you, Mama." I went up to her from behind and hugged her tightly. I softly kissed on her neck a couple of times.

"Just lemme put this in the oven."

I backed off and watched her bend forward and stand up straight again. Maddie turned to me with an excited, a bit smug smile. "How was work?"

"I wouldn't call today work. Tomorrow we're going out in the streets though. Hopefully it won't mess with my brains to actually kill someone whose possibly innocent."

"You'll be fine. You've done it all your life."

"I don't like it anymore." I pouted to her.

"We'll see what happens. Maybe we can go back to Miami later? Or try something new. Don't stress it baby.." She leaned forward and began kissing on my cheek, then she softly kissed my lips.