chapter 39 - jackson

Jason McCann

I felt blessed and thankful with the looks of my wife when I gave Alexander's girlfriend a greeting hug. I quickly backed off again and let her meet the kids for the first time. Alex stood there smiling at Blossom and Alyssa with his son on his arm. "What's his name?" Alyssa smiled at her uncle.

"His name is Jackson."

Madison leaned in to my side a bit. "White trash name. Andrea picked it, for sure."

"I still can't believe you have a kid." Madison spoke up and looked at Andrea the way that wives and girlfriends do with each other. Friendly but also extremely fake.

I decided to add on to that when both Andrea and Alex grew confused. "I mean, you're a bit late on that one. Ours have grown."

I could see that Andrea was offended which really wasn't what anyone of us was striving for. "Well, not everyone gets knocked up in their bare teens."

I felt Madison slowly sliding out of my grip so I pulled her back. "We're gonna pretend like we didn't hear that." I announced to the whole room and felt as if time was not even passing.

Andrea took a step forward and grabbed my arm, stroking it with her thumb. "Oh, no! Jason, I wasn't aiming that one at you. I don't want to offend you." Madison scoffed in her place, inside my arms.

"So you were only attacking her? Doesn't it take two to get pregnant, at 18? Not her fault at all. I don't see pregnancy as a bad thing. When you think about it, we are actually in love."

"So are we." Andrea began to let go of my arm, I felt Maddie starting to breathe normally again, and I scoffed. "Whatever you say, lady."

"Where is the bathroom?" Blossom came up to us and asked the lady of the house. "Right down that hall, sweetheart."

"Strange." Maddie looked up at me. "She never, ever uses anyone else's bathroom. Right?"

"I haven't thought about that before but yeah, now that you've said it. She doesn't."

"What are we discussing over here?" Alexander came up to us with our daughter hanging around his throat as he had already handed Jackson to Andrea. "Just Blossom."

"What about her? She alright?" He lifted Alyssa up in the air so that she couldn't grasp onto anything and then he put her back down on her feet. "Yeah, I guess. She started school."

"Holy shit. Isn't that a great step for her? The experience with friends and education. She's been so trapped. Must be nice."

"Yeah. I think she has a boyfriend though and I have to check up on this little gangster." I chuckled as I thought about Samson. There was no way that he was just friends with Blossom.

"I'll help hunting him down when something happens. Be sure of that."

A laughing Blossom suddenly became visible to everyone. You could tell by the smirk and the soft blush that she had been standing there for a while. "Well, well, well. How the hell are you people?"

"Boys, huh?" Alex put his hand on her head. "Don't. Don't touch my hair and bring up boys at the same time."

"Okay, okay. Just nice and a bit strange to see you grow. No tounge and no sex, okay?" Alex spoke to her as if she was five and that's exactly what pissed Blossom Lowe off.

"Okay, Hitler."

-

After dinner, Alexander invited me out on his balcony to have some kind of talk, of course he wanted to talk. As we puffed on our cigars, Alex seemed to be really god damn bothered. "So what's on your mind?"