chapter 48 - spirit

(please comment this time. i got like 3 comments on the last chapter and this update is so late)

Blossom

"I really like that place." I, once again, put my sharp nails on top of Jason's sensitive laptop screen.

"What did I just tell you, Blossom?" He sighed and looked at me. "Just tell me which one it is you want to look closer at."

We were looking at different apartments in New York, closest to the school we were supposed to attend later this month.

Jason had clicked the picture of my choice, white and bright but still very chic and a bit mysterious images of Apartment #56 were enlargened. "I love it. I love it." I told him.

"Let's see how many rooms and how big it is. I'll be honest with you, I like it a lot, too." He smiled.

"First agreement on an apartment since we started. We're going places." I commented and saw a lot of sentences roll by, close descriptions of the aura and the design, and whatever else you could put in a text longer than two pages - about an apartment. We finally came to the bottom where the actual interesting information was held.

"Four rooms." Jason still sounded happy with it. "It's pretty big but not huge. I think I might like it even more after this."

"Are we getting it?" My eyes reflected excitement. The New York transformation felt realer than ever. "I think we are."

My first reaction was to call Alyssa in the room and have her approval as well. "Come look at this apartment in New York." I looked at her after she had rushed inside the kitchen, not wanting to miss one bit of what she was invited to.

She sat upon Jason's lap and stared at the screen. "Jason. Scroll up so that she can see the pictures." I sighed and he quickly jumped to the realization that the screen still showing all the measurements.

"Don't you love it?" I exclaimed as she got to look through those pictures.

"I do."

"Why is it one big room and the other two or three are smaller?" Her sentence barely made sense to me.

"Because it's the master bedroom." Jason informed. "Like Daddy's room in this house."

"I want that room! Dad, can I have it?" She battered her lashes and I grew anxious. Were we allowed to do that? Could we claim rooms? Was my chance already blown?

"Absolutely not." He said. "Blossom or I will take the big room."

Her head dropped and I heard sniffles. How was she 8 years old? She acted like she was 2.

"Listen, the other ones are barely smaller. Maybe you would've gotten this room if you weren't so greedy and if you didn't take the opportunity away from someone else." Jason explained to her why he said what he said.

"No one has picked rooms, Alyssa." I commented. "And you don't have to be first at everything."

Jason smiled at me, happy with what I said to her. "Now let's stop being silly and go out to eat."

"We're eating at a resturant? Wow, Alyssa, did you hear that?" She was now starting to look up and I noticed that she was still a bit upset from being told no but she also had sparkling eyes which told me that someone was excited for some junk food.

-

Maybe someone wasn't so excited for junk food as I had plotted. She sat the whole time and complained and cried a lot about the food.

"Do you want to come to New York with us?" Jason hissed when he had enough of her. "I won't be bringing any babies to New York. Just remember that."