chapter 14 - name

Jason McCann.

"When are you coming back to work? These people can't wait forever..." I knew this was coming my way. I knew work was up my schedule as soon as the baby was born.

"I'm planning on taking some time off the first month-" Alex looked me with those eyes, he tried to correct me with the gaze.

I took a wild guess."Week?" His intense face changed into a grin. "Yes. The first week is all you get, let's not forget all the months you took off for the whole pregnancy. They've been patient with you, this is it." My eyes travelled to the floor. One week was all I had with my princess as of now. It was harsh. But what could I expect?

"Wait..." Alex watched something behind my back and I turned around. My heart stopped for a second. Blossom was gone.

"Fuck." I groaned and looked at Alex, feeling the level of panic grow with every second passing. "We have to find her. Maddie will fucking kill me." I told him and started walking down the hallway.

"Are you sure that you haven't seen a little girl, about this tall?" I was showing the nurse Blossom's height once again. The blonde little nurse was still shaking her head. I was desperate to find Blossom and think of her appearance as detailed as I could. "Brown eyes, brown curly hair." I kept repeating the words I had already told her before.

"Like I said before.. I have not seen the little girl. I can promise you that she is okay. She can't have gone far."

"We've been gone for a while... Shouldn't you get back to Maddie now? She needs you more than anyone." I scoffed at my brother's stupid attempt to get my mind off the sticky situation I was in.

"I don't want any drama today. We find her and get back to Madison after that. Not that hard." Alex gave up on trying to convince me to go see Maddie right away. She would explode the second she saw me without Blossom. I couldn't do that. Not today.

Madison Lowe.

Where the hell is he? It's been 2 hours.

"Sweetie. You have to start pushing." They had been trying to get me to push for a while now but I just couldn't do it. I needed Jason by my side and I wasn't giving in any time soon.

"But he's not here." I sobbed quietly, sounding really childish and dramatic.

Eventually I had to give in so that I didn't harm my daughter in any way. From my point of view, the first push was the hardest. Only because I didn't really catch the drift and it felt strange, nothing like I imagined it to be.

Just in time for the third push I heard the door burst open and Jason flew inside. He quickly sat down on the stool by the bed. My baby held my hand, kissing it as tears formed in his eyes. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's okay to hate me."

I couldn't help but to giggle when Jason had to bite his tounge so that he wouldn't scream. He volunteered as my hand holder, not my fault. "You okay?"

Jason looked at me in disbelief. "Don't talk. Keep pushing, baby please." He whispered. "Almost there..." I felt the energy between us starting to rise again, becoming happier and more excited. "One more..." I pushed as hard as I could, held it as long as I could.

Soft, soft cries filled the room and I just closed my eyes. I was so happy that I didn't know where to look or who to look at. I had no idea how I was supposed to look or feel myself.

Smile? Cry? Laugh? Giggle?

It was one of those moments where I just could not get my feelings to team up with my body. I couldn't react to this kind of bliss. I didn't have it in my system. I just closed my eyes and felt happy inside. That's what was important.

Jason McCann.

I looked down at the living creature in my arms, I couldn't knock the smile off my face. Not anytime soon. She made me so happy. Alex had met her, Blossom got to peak too. But after that she was all mine and Madison's.

"What do we name her?" My angel came up to me from behind and put her arms around my neck. "I don't have a clue." I responded as I tried to focus on our daughter, trying to think of a perfect name for her. I traced my index finger from her forehead, over her cute little nose and down to her mouth. Her facial features were perfect already and she wasn't even a week old. Madison did a great thing with the genes because our baby girl had fluffy, soft hair.

"Do you want it to be traditional, like a family name?" I zoned out of my blissful mood and turned to Madison slightly.

"Never in my fucking life. You know exactly how to piss me off and ruin a moment."

She scoffed, shoving my shoulder forward in the process. "Careful." I growled.

"Are you on your period or do you need to get laid? You're a fucking bitch." She giggled and switched places so that she could sit in front of me. I looked up at her and realized how I couldn't stay mad at her. She looked like an angel without the make up and her hair done. "I don't agree. I'm not a bitch but I wouldn't complain about some intimacy, baby."

"You're the worst." She blushed and tried to hide her face behind the big, fluffy hair. "Give me a bunch of pretty girl names." Madison smoothly changed the subject back to names.

"Stella, Allison, Victoria, Alexis, Grace."

"Which one is your favorite; though? I kinda like all of them." She smiled, probably surprised that I even came up with one good name. "Victoria seems like a name you could make mini nicknames out of like.. Vic or Tori."

"How about Vanessa? Alyssa? I like those." I had to agree with Madison. Those names were beautiful and she could fit both of them.

"Are you making me pick? It's such a big deal." I groaned and inspected our baby closer.

"Yes."

Vanessa or Alyssa?

"I'll say Alyssa. Alyssa it is. Alyssa McCann, right?" I silently sent a prayer that she would agree to my last name, I didn't want my daughter connected to the Lowe's business in any way.

"Alyssa McCann it is." She grinned.

-

leave a comment for faster updates!