chapter 18 - mine

Madison Lowe.

"B, I'm serious. Get off the table." I sighed and watched my sister go against my word and not listen. She was lucky I had my arms occupied. "Blosson! Jason's not gonna like this at all. He might even ground you." Her eyes shot wide open and she jumped off the dinner table. It was pretty high and she was pretty tiny. As her feet came in contact with the floor, I heard the snapping sound and not too long after, the piercing cries.

I put Alyssa down on her blanket and crawled over to my sister. "Are you okay?" She violently shook her head no, in too much pain to talk. Out of the back pocket of my shorts, I pulled out my phone and as I walked out the kitchen to find a somewhat quiet place, I called Jason. I had to try twice before he picked up.

"This better be an emergency- I'm working, Maddie, what the fuck do you want?" I rolled my eyes at his old, very charming personality coming back the slightest bit.

"Help." Was the only word I could pronounce, only now did I realize how scared I actually was. "Blossom is hurt and I don't know what to do. She jumped down the table and something cracked. She's in so much pain, Jason. Please."

"Y'all can't seem to manage without me. Is it that hard to take care of a fucking kid, Madison?" He retorted angrily.

"Two. There are two kids to take care of all by myself." He loudly sucked some air in and blew it out again, making the phone sparkle because of his irritated sigh.

"So what do you want me to do?" He asked me, I was a bit taken back but still gave him an option.

"Either you tell me what to do or you get your ass home and do it for me." I sighed.

"I'm having a 50 minute lunch later, remember? I'll be home by then. If it's as serious as you made it sound - maybe she can't wait that long." He explained to me and I looked down, fiddling with the straps of my hoodie.

"Is there anyone in the house?" Jason asked me, finally focusing on the actual situation.

"I think everyone's at work. Dorinda had a round of vacuuming earlier and I didn't hear her talk to anyone."

"Smith should be in his room. Or the basement." My body froze and I felt my heart beating abnormally. "No. I'd rather be killed by sharks than talk to him." I walked out to the girls again, seeing that Blossom's ankle had turned slightly blue and purple. "Alright. Get home as soon as you can. I have to go."

"I will, baby. Love you." He hung up before I could speak again. I bent down on my feet and I could feel my shorts going up a bit, exposing half my ass.

"How's your leg, baby?" I wiped her tears away and looked at her with sad eyes, my way of showing sympathy. "It hurts." She whimpered. "Do you wanna lay in bed for now and rest your leg?"

"Can I help?" I could tell that it was the lovely Smith who was really close to me, I could feel the heat that radiated off of him. "No." I spoke, giving him my cold front. The only thing I wanted to do now would be to get long pants or have Jason right here, by my side. "Are you sure? Jason just called me."

"Well I don't need your fucking help, is that so hard to understand? Leave." I spoke loudly.

"Damn..." Smith bit his lip in the most immature way ever. "Mami... Yell at me anytime now." He walked closer to me and as I tried to stand up, something went across my ass, grabbing it harshly and I knew exactly what it was. I slapped him across the face.

"Leave. Now." He grinned at me, put his hands up in the air and left my field of vision. Then I turned back to Blossom who had an extremely shocked expression written all over her round face. I sat down next to her and it took her a minute to actually speak.