chapter 20 - cutie

before you start reading!! i kinda need to know where you guys live so that i know when to update :) i hope this wasn't too personal lmao

Jason McCann.

Saturday mornings with my daughter were the best. No work to worry about, no phone calls to answer. Just love floating around the house, setting everyone in their weekend spirit. Blossom, Alyssa and I were on my couch. Of course the current movie was a cartoon picked by Ms. Lowe herself. Sometimes I regret teaching her how to use Netflix.

"The dog is ugly." Blossom giggled at my sentence, right into my chest which made me smile. "He's not that ugly. His hair looks like mine." She grabbed a handful of hair, comparing it to the dog on my screen. "So?"

"My hair looks like Aly's. Is her hair ugly, too?" She retorted and I sucked a breath in between my teeth. "What was that? The silence of me winning?"

"Where do you learn everything?" I genuinly wondered how the five year old could possibly be so smart and quick to speak. "I've heard my sister argue with our parents a lot. If anyone can argue, it's her."

"True, true. She knows how to argue." I agreed. Noticing how quiet the atmosphere turned after Blossom brought up her parents, I couldn't help but to worry.

"Do you miss them, Blossom?" She looked up at me, her eyes showing me how empty they were compared to earlier. "Not too much." She shouldn't be a good liar already, she shouldn't have to lie at a young age. She should definetly not feel the need to keep her hurt feelings bottled up. She was only five. "Do you want to talk to someone about it?" I asked her. "Someone? Who? Nobody would understand." As careless as she could possibly act, she turned the volume up the slightest bit. "Your sister would."

-

"I have to change her diaper." Madison groaned because I wouldn't let Alyssa out of my hands. "Jason I'm not playing around."

"I'll change it." I giggled. "You? Change a diaper? I'd love to see that happen." I stood up from the couch with as much confidence as I needed to show Maddie. "Follow me." She playfully hit my shoulder but followed me to the bathroom.

"What do I do?" I whispered quietly. "Grab those, pull." Her french manicured nails pointed to the parts of the diaper that had to be pulled at and the next step already became evident in my head. "Don't say anything." I pulled the diaper away, rolled it together and threw it into the trashcan. "Good!"

"Wipe her and take a new one." I looked at Maddie with a pleading look, not really knowing how to wipe a baby's private parts. "You wanted to do this. Do it." I put my hands forward but quickly pulled them back as I realized that I had no idea how to do that. "I can't." We changed spots and she did the rest of the work really quickly.

"You could've changed 15 diapers in the time I took it off." I admitted. "Do you still wanna do it? So that I know if I should get you the next time?" I pulled her body, along with Alyssa's, close to me and chuckled. "I think we all know the answer to that one."

-

"Maddie, would you please write something on my cast?" Everyone in the living room were shocked that she asked Madison out of everyone she could pick from. "Um- Sure! Smith can you hand me the marker over there?" I softly snorted at Maddie using every opportunity to piss Smith off.

He got up from the couch and walked all the way to the window where I watched him get the marker and throw it at her. "Smith." I hissed. It hit Madison on her cheek, dangerously close to her eyes. "Thanks." She muttered and took the cap off. "You're very fucking welcome."

"C'mere and show me." I smiled at Blossom when Maddie had finished writing. "Take the marker with you."

"I love you the most. Don't ever change"