Chapter 7

*Third Person*

Skylar looked frantically at Rick. And he told Carl and Skylar that he loved them and then went down to the fences where the govenor stood. Daryl had handed Maggie and Betha gun, Carl too. Grazing over to Skylar's hand he handed her a gun and she took it from him and nodded at him. Skylar felt it in her heart that things weren't going to turn out good and they would have to fight. To keep her friends and family safe she would stop at nothing they meant the world to her and she wasn't going down without a fight. Rick was getting closer to the fence and Skylar looked at Daryl and he looked at her and Sasha then out at Rick.

"We can't take em all on. We'll go through the admin building, through the woods like we planned. We ain't got the numbers no more. When's the last time someone checked the stash on the bus?" Daryl asked.

"Day before we hit the Big Spot" Sasha answered.

"We were low on rations then. We're lower now." Skylar finished for her not tearing her gaze from Rick.

"We'll manage. Things go south, everyone heads for that bus. Let everybody know."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick got up to the fence. Looking at the governor with a determined look.

"Let 'em go right now. I'll stay down here. Talk as long as you want. But you let 'em go. You got a tank. You don't need hostages" Rick explained to him.

"I do. This is just to show you I'm serious. Not to blast a hole in our new home. You and your people, you have till sundown to get out of here or they die." The governor said.

Rick was shocked but he didn't show it. So he wanted the prison he didn't come in revenge to fight.

"Doesn't have to go down this way."

"I got more people, more firepower. We need this prison. There it is. It's not about the past. It's about right now."

Everyone who was on the other side of the fence with the governor looked so determined and ready to fight except maybe one girl but Rick didn't know that for sure. Maybe there was a way to negotiate and get out of this and no one has to die.

"There are children here. some of them are sick. They won't survive."

The governors face hardened and he raised his voice.

"I have a tank. And I'm letting you walk away from here. What else is there to talk about?" he asked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daryl stood next to Skylar and Carl with their guns aimed and ready to shoot if need be. He looked over at Skylar she was determined and held the gun perfectly. God she was so sexy he loved her so much. But he was scared what if things went bad and she was hurt? what if she died? what if he couldn't protect her? He loved Skylar more than anyone in the world and he didn't want to lose her. He lost Merle and others of the beloved group but he couldn't fathom losing her. She was his light his salvation his angel and he never wanted to let her go or lose her by choice. He needed her, he craved her, he loved her more than life itself and he wasn't going to lose her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I could shoot you all. You'd all shoot back. I know that. But we'll win and you'll be dead. All of you. Doesn't have to be like that. Like I said, it's your choice."

Suddenly walkers started to growl and one of the governor men turned and shot it the gunshot echoed through out the woods.

"Noise will only draw more of them over. The longer you wait, the harder it'll be for you to get out of here."