Chapter 22

Here you go guys enjoy tell me what you think :) im curious and wantto hear your comments concerns. Even questions. So let me know ♡
--------------------------------

*Third Person*

Skylar sat in a tree stump looking at her reflection in her knife. Her eyes were red rimmed from crying and her cheeks were puffy. Wiping away her tears she wiped her nose. Beths death was taking a toll on everyone especially Maggie. She was just a shell of her former self. Skylar longed to comfort her more but there was nothing more she could say. It was almost like Daryl wouldn't let himself feel it. He even distanced himself from Skylar. He would leave to hunt alone or wouldn't really speak. The group had kept moving and we were bringing Noah home he wanted to be with his family. Skylar hoped for him. Rick, Tyreese, Glenn, and Michonne had taken him while the rest of us stayed behind. Carol kept in touch with Rick on the walkies. Skylar sighed and got a sharp pain in her side and hissed.

"Ow, what the fuck?" she mumbled.

"You alright?" a voice asked.

Skylar looked back to see Carl who was walking up, he was holding Judith and sat down next to her.

"Yeah sweetie I'm fine. You okay? Aside from everything that happened?"

Carl shrugged and sighed. Skylar took Judith and held her in her arms. She was getting so big it was truly incredible. She was sleeping, stirring a bit but she was calm.

"I'll be fine. It's hard, Beth was one of us. She was our family, now she's gone" Carl explained sad.

Skylar nodded and looked behind her. Maggie was just sitting looking miserable she just looked down at her shoes. Her eyes looking puffy and hallow.

"Yeah I know I miss her. But she's with Hershel now. They're watching over us" Skylar told him.

No one said anything and then there was rustling from the trees. Carl got up immediately aiming his gun. The trees rustled some more and then Daryl came through and Carl lowered his gun. Skylar looked away and back to Judith. She looked like Lori she had her big pretty eyes. And her cheeks, Skylar smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

"Will you walk with me please?" a rough southern accent asked.

Carl leaned down to grab Judith and Skylar rose to her feet. She made sure to Carl was safe with Judith and then walked with Daryl.
---------------------------
*Daryl*

I walked with Skylar towards the little pasture I found. No one said anything and I hated myself for being so distant. I could tell it was hurting Skylars feelings but I couldn't shake this numbness. My chest hurt whenever I thought back to the hospital. Beth and I got away from the prison and we were together for a while. She kept me from completely losing my mind without Skylar. And now Beth was gone, I had Skylar but now we didn't have Beth. I took a deep breath and looked at Skylar. She looked sad we all did. Still her dark hair shined in the sun. Even now she looked beautiful. We made it to the meadow and I stopped. Skylar stopped and looked up at me.

"I'm sorry" I said leaning my forehead on hers for a moment.

I pulled back and looked at her.

"It's okay" she said with a shrug.

I kissed her forehead.

"No its not okay baby. I know I haven't been fair or close with you lately it's just Beth we-"

"Daryl you don't-"

I shushed her.

"No Skylar just, Beth her and I we got out together we had protected eachother. Survived. We got drunk off moonshine and started talking and she said.  'You're going to miss me so bad when I'm gone Daryl Dixon'"

I felt my whole body starting to shake. Skylar gently squeezed my arm.

"And it's true."

I reached into my back pocket and pulled out Beths knife handing it to Skylar. She looked at it in aww.

"Where did you?-"

"Carol gave it to me. Skylar...I can't-"

Skylar pressed close to me.

"Daryl."

That's when I lost it and broke down in sobs. She held onto me and my legs just gave out and she fell to her knees holding me as I just sobbed into her lap. She shushed me and stroked my hair.

"Shhh, its okay...it's going to be okay."