Chapter 23

*Third Person*

When Skylar and Daryl returned they were told the news about Tyreese. Carol got Sasha, Judith, and Carl away from the scene. Everyone was on their way back with Tyreese and we waited for them. Skylar walked back and fourth waving her hand trying to cool down. It was hot it was really hot and then Skylar bent over and puked.

"Skylar" came Taras voice followed by the others.

Skylar heaved and then more came up. Tara held her hair back and waited until she was okay. Skylar stood upright and Daryl came up to her.

"You okay?"

Skylar nodded.

"Yes I'm fine. Sorry Im good."

Thats when a car was rapidly approaching and stopped when it got to us. Everyone came piling out and Skylar gasped when she saw Tyreese. His arm was gone and he was passed on. Skylar looked at Glenn,

"What happened?"

Glenn looked at her.

"Got attacked."

-----------------------
*3 weeks later*

After the group had buried another one of their own they just kept  moving. It had been weeks and the group had reached the limit. They had no food, no water, just eachother. Food to hunt was scarce and it was taking a toll on all of them. It was very hot Skylar dragged her feet feeling ready to fall over. She held her head back trying to muster up the energy to keep moving but was failing. She fell to her knees.

"Skylar" Glenn said as hauled her to her feet.

He made sure she was steady before he let her go and looked at her.

"You okay?"

Skylar took a deep breath and nodded. It was then the growling got louder. They had been walking in front of a group of walkers that had been trailing for a while. Soon they would need to be taken out.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*Daryl*

I was walking in the front with Rick while he held Judith. We were growing slower and it was getting hot.
Judith started to fuss and I looked over at her.

"She's hungry"

"She'll be alright...its been three weeks  since Atlanta, I know you lost something back there" Rick said.

I just looked ahead of me. He wasn't wrong, I felt like I lost part of me. Beth wasn't just my friend we had all become family. She was part of it and now she was gone.

"We need to find food, water, shelter."

I sighed nodding  and looked back checking on the group and my wife seeing that everyone was alright. I looked at Rick,

"What are we going to do about those walkers?" I asked.

Rick sighed.

"I'll figure it out."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*Skylar*

We had come up with a way to get rid of the walkers trailing. We had come to a little bridge but just before it on both sides of the street there was a ditch. Pretty decent enough to kill a falling walker. We all stood in front of the ditches on each side waiting for the walkers.

"Ready?" Rick asked.

We all looked at him in understanding. I mean really? What choice did we have? The walkers started to come towards us and we led them over the edge without using our weapons. No one really had the strength to fight. One came at me and I just stepped out of the way and watched it tumble to it's second death. More kept coming and the plan was working nicely until Sasha decided to get balsy. She stepped out of formation and grabbed a walker by the neck.

"Sasha" Michonne said in a serious tone.

Rick grabbed his knife and so did I.

"Stay in line, flank her, keep control."

I stabbed one and stumbled a bit when I pulled it out. To be faced with another one. I stepped back and moved making it tumble over the edge. Thats when Sasha was pushed to the ground.

"I told you to stop!" Michonne told her.

We all stood in silence.
--------------------------

I used a cloth and some medic cleaner I found while scavenging. I was cleaning Abrahams cut on his arm. Sasha had got him pretty good when she went on a rampage with her knife.

"Ow" Abraham winced pulling away slightly.

I dabbed lighter.

"Sorry,"

Abraham looked at me.

"It's okay darlin. How are you?" he asked.

I dabbed more of the medic cleaner on the cloth and wiped slightly. Then I stopped and put a bandage on his arm. I sighed and looked at everyone they looked so tired.

"Sad...but better than Maggie..and Daryl" I confessed.

I watched as Daryl sat on the ground looking tired.

"I didn't mean emotionally, I meant physically"

I looked at him confused.

"Um, Im good why wouldn't I be?"

Abraham chuckled.

"My wife was pregnant twice, I can spot a baby bump anywhere" he told me.

My heart dropped to my stomach and I started to feel sick.

"No- I-"

Suddenly dogs came barelling out of the woods. We all became on guard and Abraham  pulled me slightly behind him. The dogs began to bark loudly bound to attract walkers. Then suddenly they were all shot dead. We all looked to see Sasha gripping a weapon. My eyes fell to the dogs, I knew what we were going to do. I didn't like it but,  it was food. Abraham looked back at me.

"Gotta keep that little one safe."