Chapter 36

Ahh hello guys i am alive 😂 anyway here is an update for you my patient bookworms. Love you guys 💙📖

A few weeks later

*Skylar*

I was up on the watch post the sun beating down on me. My feet were really starting to hurt and it was hot. I took a sip of my water and sat down. The last few week had been different. Daryl had been trying his hardest to make it up to me. I chuckled who ever thought Daryl could be so romantic? It's not that I didn't forgive him, I did but no matter how hard I try I'll never forget the look in his eyes and the image of him walking out. I never admitted it but sometimes when I watched him leave out that door each day it hurts. It makes me feel like he needs to be out there to get away from all this, even me. I try not to let it bug me because I know it's just his way but it still hurts sometimes. But I've learned to push it aside and keep pushing on for the baby.

"Hey what are you doing up there?" Maggie called looking up shielding her eyes from the sun.

I looked down at her,

"It's my shift" I told her.

"Can you come down? I wanted to talk to you"

I looked outside the gates I didn't see anything. But I couldn't just leave,

"Sasha's in the tower" Maggie said almost as if she knew what I was thinking.

I set down my gun and climbed down the ladder.

"What's up Maggs?"

She ran a hand through her hair and chuckled nervous.

"Well Glenn and I were talking and-"

That's when we heard glass shatter close by.

"What was that?"

We both started running and seen a fight in the street. As we got closer I realized it was Rick and Jessie's husband Pete. Oh no!

"Deanna!"

A crowd formed and everyone watched. My eyes lingered over to Jesse who was crying. My heart went out to her.

"Rick!" I yelled.

It had done me no good but I wasn't going to get involved. I couldn't. Jessie ran to Pete and tried to pull him off but he hit her to the ground as others helped her. I ran my hands through my hair. I wished Daryl was here to break this up. Rick was going to kill Pete I could see the look he had in his eyes.

"Dad get off" Carl said as he attempted to pull Rick off but was shoved to the ground.

I helped him to his feet and Deanna came running up.

"Stop it! Stop it right now" she said breathless.

Rick still had Pete in a choke hold on the ground.

"You touch them again and I'll kill you" he threatened.

"Damn it, Rick! I said stop!"

Rick released Pete.

"Or what?"

Suddenly he pulled out a gun and aimed it. What the fuck?

"You gonna kick me out?"

Deanna held out her hands softly.

"Put that gun down, Rick."

I looked at Rick he looked like a truly insane man. He had blood on his face and a gun in his hand.

"You still don't get it. None of you do! We know what needs to be done and we do it. We're the ones who live. You, you just sit and plan and hesitate. You pretend like you know when you don't."

I looked at Maggie and she looked just as shocked as me.

"You wish things weren't what they are. Well, you want to live? You want this place to stay standing? Your way of doing things is done. Things don't get better because you-- you want them to. Starting right now, we have to live in the real world. We have to control who lives here" Rick told her.

"That's never been more clear to me than it is right now."

The way Deanna had said that sent a feeling of nervousness in my gut.

"Me? Me? You- you mean-- you mean me? Your way is gonna destroy this place. It's gonna get people killed. It's already gotten people killed. And I'm not gonna stand by and just let it happen. If you don't fight, you die. I'm not gonna stand by--"

Suddenly he was punched to the ground by Michonne and we all stood their shocked. My eyes locked with Michonne and I nodded which she returned.
----------------------------
*Third Person*

Daryl and Aaron had parked the bike and car and were now walking through the woods. No one had really said much and it was growing silent. Daryl scanned the ground looking for any sign of life or if anyone had been. It was then he noticed the leaves.

"Somebody came through here a while ago" he said.

"If we see them, we hang back, set up the mic, watch and listen"  Aaron explained.

"For how long?"

"Until we know. We have to know."
--------------------------------
*Skylar*

I sat across from Rick in the room just looking at him. I had one leg crossed over the other and my arms across my chest. Irritation towards Rick was bubbling at the surface. What was he thinking? Beating the shit out of Pete? Pulling a gun on Deanna and her people? What was next? Even though there was truth to what Rick had said, there were other ways to go about it. I pushed my hair from my eyes and cleared my throat.

"What?" Rick asked.

I leaned in close to him my tone serious.

"What are you doing Rick?"

"Excuse me?"

"Are you trying to sabatoge everything?" I asked.

Rick looked at me.

"No, it wasn't supposed to go down like that" he explained.

"Jesus Rick I knew you had a gun but I didn't think you'd do this."

I seen the shock hit his face. And I nodded,

"Oh yeah I knew about that. Just cause I don't say anything doesn't mean I'm not aware. I trust you Rick, but I have to know what's going on in your head?" I asked.

I waited but he never offered an answer. I sighed and hung my head in my hands. Standing I walked towards the door. I was going to leave until something made me stop.

"Rick?"

I turned around to look at him one more time.

"Yeah?"

"Do you even want to be here?" I asked.

"I dont really know."

"Well I do...we can never truly get back to what we use to be. But I have my baby to think about. I want this."

With that I closed the door as I left the room. Jesus Daryl come back soon please.
---------------------
Stau tuned for what happens next. Sorry this chapter wasnt very eventful.