Chapter 31

*Skylar*

The hot water felt so good as it ran down my body. I cant remember the last time I took a nice long hot shower. I scrubbed and washed my hair twice. My hands moved to my stomach and I frowned, I needed to tell Daryl. I was worried about his reaction. What if he was happy? Excited even? But what if he wasnt? I didn't to be without him or our baby without a father. But I'm his wife for gods sake that should count for something, he married me. I sighed, how was I going to do this? Even with things settling around me, my mind felt chaos. I took a breath and turned off the water wrapping myself in a towel and got out. I ran my hand across the mirror and stared at my reflection. It was nice to be clean. I had grabbed some clean clothes from one of the rooms and got dressed. I looked around the bathroom. This feels normal, this feels really normal it was weird. The knock on the door was what brought me out of my thoughts. I pulled open the door to be greeted by Maggie.

"Hey, done?" She asked holding a towel.

I nodded and stepped out of the door as she came in.  I seen Glenn coming up the stairs also holding a towel. I chuckled and he looked at me.

"Have fun you two."
------------------------------
*Daryl*

I was looking out the window into the night. It was almost like being in a rich neighborhood, Hershels house was comforting. Maybe because we were around the woods and I knew the woods I could go hunting be me. My wife bounding down the steps was what brought me out of my thoughts. She was freshly showered and dressed in jean shorts and a tank top. Her hair hung  down her shoulders wavy and damp.  She stopped short when she seen Rick.

"Wow" she walked over and grabbed his face.

He looked at her wide eyed.

"Sky-"

"You have your baby face back, aw" she kissed his cheek and walked over to me.

I slipped my arm around her and she laid her head on my shoulder. I kissed her head and looked out the window as I held her. We all jumped when there was a knock on the door. Rick opened it and Deanna stepped in..

"I just wanted to see-"

She looked to see our whole group in the living room.

"Wow staying together."

"No one said we couldn't" Rick told her.

She smiled.

"You said you're a family that's what you said."

She told us all about jobs she had lined up she just didn't tell us what they were. Apperently I was hard to figure out. We just had to meet her t I tomorrow and with that we all to turned in and went to sleep.

What was in store for me jn this life?