Chapter 27

Hi everyone here's an update for you all. Love you my bookworms 💙📖
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*Third Person*

"That's a hell of a right cross there, Rick" Aaron said laying face down. Skylar looked at him.

"You okay?"

Aaron's eyes locked with hers a moment before her eyes flickered away.

"Sit him up" Rick said.

"I think it's better if-"

"It's okay" Aaron told her.

"He's fine. Sit him up."

Skylar and Maggie helped Aaron into a sitting position. He winced slightly in pain.

"You're being cautious. I completely understand."

Rick stared him down.

"How many of your people are out there? You have a flare gun. You have it to signal your people. How many of them are there?" He pressed.

Aaron looked at him.

"Does it matter?"

"Yes" came Rositas voice.

"Yes, it does" came Glenns voice.

Aaron sighed.

"I mean, of course, it matters how many people are actually out there, but does it matter how many people I tell you are out there? Because I'm pretty sure no matter what number I say eight, zero no matter what I say, you're not going to trust me" he explained.

"Well, it's hard to trust anyone who smiles after getting punched in the face" Rick told him.

"How about a guy who leaves bottles of water for you in the road?"

Instantly they all looked back at the tiny table that had the bottles of water.

"How long you people been following us?"

"Long enough to see that you practically ignore a pack of roamers on your trail. Long enough to see that despite a lack of food and water, you never turned on each other. You're survivors and you're people.
Like I said, and I hope you won't punch me for saying it again, that is the most important resource in the world" Aaron said looking at everyone.

"How many others are out there? This is the last time I'm asking" Rick asked more sternly.

"One."

Neither of us said anything or gave any indication we believed him. Aaron shook his head.

"I knew you wouldn't believe me. If it's not words, if it's not pictures, what would it take to convince you that this is for real? What if I drove you to the community? All of you? We leave now, we'll get there by lunch."

Skylar looked at Daryl who was now sitting against the wall. He looked at Skylar and gazed at her before looking away.

"I'm not sure how the 15 of us are going to fit in the car you and your one friend drove down here in."

"We drove separately. If we found a group, we wanted to be able to bring them all home. There's enough room for all of us" Aaron encouraged.

Skylars heart was literally weeping with hope. Sometimes if something is to good to be true it probably is. But for some reason Sklyar just had a good feeling about it.

"And you're parked just a couple miles away, right?" Michonne asked.

"East on Ridge Road, just after you hit Route 16. We wanted to get them closer, but then the storm came, blocked the road. We couldn't clear it."

Rick scoffed amused.

"Yeah, you've really thought this through."

"Rick" Michonne warned.

Skylar nodded at her and Michonne returned it.

"Rick, if I wanted to ambush you, I'd do it here. You know, light the barn on fire while you slept, pick you off as you ran out the only exit. You can trust me"

"I'll check out the cars" Michonne told Rick.

"There aren't any cars."

"There's only one way to find out"she pressed.

"We don't need to find out.

"We do."

Skylar sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Geez I'll go with her" Skylar spoke up.

Rick looked at Skylar with the most serious look she's ever seen.

"No there's nothing to go find because there's nothing there."

Michonne grabbed his arm making him look into her eyes.

"You know what you know and you're sure of it, but I'm not"

"Me neither" Noah told them.

Rick looked at them then back to Michonne.

"Your way is dangerous, mine isn't."

"Passing up someplace where we can live? Where Judith can live? That's pretty dangerous. We need to find out what this is. We can handle ourselves. So that's what we're gonna do."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*Daryl*

We decided to let a small group go out and look for the cars. The rest of us stood in pairs on watch for anything unusual. I stood next to Sklyar as she held her gun and looked out into the distance.  It was still morning and kind of cold to the point I could see her breath. She still looked beautiful and despite everything we were going through it was Skylar that kept me going. Waking up, seeing her face, kissing her. It was always her. It was silent so I cleared my throat and decided to break it.

"You alright?" I asked.

She looked at me with the gorgeous eyes.

"Yeah why?"

I shrugged.

"It's just earlier when we were talking you looked panicked."

Skylar shrugged pushing a lock of hair behind her ear.

"I don't know what that was about."

I cleared my throat and shrugged.

"So, what did you have to tell me?"