Chapter 29

Sorry this took so long guys. But enjoy its a long one :)

*Daryl*

"Skylar" I whispered as I shook her gently.

She made a groan and tried to get comfortable again. I chuckled slightly. I shook her again,

"Skylar"

"What?"

Her eyes opened and she was looking up at me.

"We're leaving. Come on babe"

I hauled her to her feet and kept her steady.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We were going to take separate cars since we had more people. When we made it to the cars we divided up. I wanted Skylar to come with me but my wife being the stubborn woman she was had different plans. She wanted to go with Rick, Michonne, Aaron, and Glenn.

"Are you insane?" I asked.

Skylar looked up at me.

"No, I want to get a better feel of who this guy is. I'll be okay we're driving"

I sighed. Then pushed a lock of her hair behind her ear.

"I just want to be sure. I don't want to be away from you babe" I explained.

Skylar leaned her head back closing her eyes then back at me.

"Have a little faith Daryl. I'm capable of doing this."

I gave her a gentle kiss.

"I know you are baby."

"Then let me do this."

It was then I realised I had just painted myself into a corner. I couldn't say no or I would look like a jackass. I groaned annoyed.

"Do you always have to do things the hard way?"

Skylar smiled and quickly stood on her toes and kissed me.

"Yes. I love you" she said.

I pulled her against me.

"I love you."

"Skylar?"

We both looked over to see Carol. She motioned Skylar over and she squeezed my arm and went over to Carol.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*Skylar*

I looked at Carol.

"Did you tell him?"

I sighed annoyed and rolled my eyes.

"No."

Carols eyes widened.

"Why not?" She asked

I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Well with everything that's going on and mystery dude showing up didn't think it was wise" I explained.

I couldn't tell everyone now. Things would just get chaotic and we didn't need that we need structure. We need a safe haven.

"Pretty soon people are going to get suspicious" Carol said.

I looked at her under the moonlight and leaned close.

"Not if two certain people keep their mouths shut. Now let's go."

I walked to the  car and we all got ready to go.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*Third Person*

Skylar was in the backseat with Michonne and Aaron. Rick was riding up front with Glenn who qas driving. No one said a word it was like you could feel the awkward. Skylar adjusted slightly and her foot bumped something that made a scraping noise. Confused she knelt down and picked up a pile of licenses plates. Michonne  looked over towards Skylar at the plates. Skylar examined them as she shuffled through them. They were all different.