Chapter 19

Hey guys sorry it's taken so long to update.
*Third Person*

The group had learned of Carol being hit by a car by the boy Noah Daryl had brought back. Not only that but we also learned that Beth was very much alive. That not knowing finally dropped now that thry knew she was alright. A few members of the group are going to Atlanta to get Beth. Right now they were barracading the church in hopes to keep walkers away. Skylar was sitting on one of the benches holding her head. She pulled her knees up to her chest and groaned. Her head was pounding due to Sasha continously taking an axe to one of the benches.

"You okay?" a voice asked.

Skylar looked up to see Noah.

"I'm fine, just a headache. Hey um I didn't really get to thank you"

Noah stopped short looking confused.

"Thank me?"

Skylar stood up.

"Well yeah, I mean not only did you help Daryl get out of Atlanta. But you also helped us and gave us reassurance knowing Beth is alive. So for that I thank you" she explained.

Noah gave a slight smile.

"Oh no problem, you're welcome"

Skylar stood and squeezed his shoulder and started to head out of the church. She was almost at the door when Daryl stopped her.

"Hey where are you going?"

Skylar shook her head.

"Just outside, it's just loud. My head is pounding" she explained.

Daryl pulled her closer and kissed her on the forehead before releasing her and she walked out.
---------------------------
*Skylar*

Even though my head was pounding I was going to Atlanta. There was no way in hell I wasn't going. Beth was one of us, and Maggie was my best friend I would go for her. Rick was inside saying goodbye to Judith and Carl. Carl had wanted to come to Atlanta but Rick wouldn't allow it. Daryl didn't even want me to go but I explained that I had to for Maggie. I owed Maggie that. And Beth was family she would always be family. I said goodbye to Michonne and when Rick walked away from Carl I walked over there. I looked at him,

"Hey, I wanted to see you" I told him.

Carl nodded.

"Please be careful Sky" he said.

I put my hand on his face.

"I'll be fine I always am. You know that. Keep everyone safe okay?"

Carl nodded and I kissed his forehead and we hugged.
---------------------------------

We were driving towards Atlanta. I was sitting next to Daryl my hand entwined with his. I looked down at our hands and thats when Daryl ran his thumb across my knuckles. I gave him a gentle squeeze which he returned. I let go of his hand and his Georgia blue eyes looked at me concerned. I moved his arm and slid into him and  he wrapped his arms around me. I laid my head on my chest closing my eyes.

"We'll be there soon" he muttered in my ear.

We were almost there. We were going to get Beth.