Chapter 37

Hello  my bookworms here  is an update. Sorry that it took forever. Love you guys 📖💙

*Third Person*

Daryl and Aaron were still walking following footprints. Daryl adjusted his bow and cleared his throat.

"You've sent people away?"

"Yeah" Aaron admitted.

"What happened?"

"It was early on. It was three people. Two men and a woman. Davidson was their leader. Smart as hell, strong. I thought they'd work out. They didn't. I brought them in and I had to see them out. So me, Aiden, and Nicholas, we drove them out far gave them a day's worth of food and water and left them."

Daryl wasn't shocked. There was a time when the group was just going to cut Randall loose but that didn't happen. Fucking Shane.

"They just went?" I asked.

A sad expression came over Aarons face.

"We had their guns. We had all the guns. I can't make that kind of mistake again."

I nodded I understood.
-----------------------

We had come across a man in a red poncho and we had tracked him for a good while. We had lost him but came across Del Arno Foods canned fruits and vegetables. We stood at the fence looking in.

"We checked the forest, we checked the roads. We can't find him. Sometimes they slip away. It happens. But you don't come across something like this every day."

"We do this now, it means we're giving up" I told Aaron.

"Home is 50 miles back. It's time to go. You saw it last night. There's bad people out here."

'That's why we ought to keep looking for the good ones."

Finding good people was something I thought about often. Up until a little while ago I didnt think I'd be able to trust anyone outside our group. But somehow I had to believe there are still decent people alive out there.

"We need more people and we'll find them. But when we do, we'll need to feed them" Aaron said as he looked at me.

"Alright."
----------------------------
We cleared the walkers out and began walking towards one of the huge trucks. I surveyed the area, nothing that looked threatening but better safe than sorry. We came up behind the back of the trucks.

"Whoa" Aaron chuckled. "Wasn't sure I'd ever see one of these."

He started to unscrew a license plate from the truck and I walked further to check things out.

"Hey, listen, I don't like giving up either, but the guy is in a red poncho. You can see him from a mile away."

He pulled off the plate and walked up to me.

"We've gone a lot of miles here. No sign of him. But if we come away with a trailer full of cans, I'd say that's a good trip."

I nodded. I knelt down and unlocked one of the trucks and when the door opened walkers came barreling out. Shit! It must have been rigged because all the other doors opened letting out more walkers. We jumped between to two trucks and started running.

The opening was again filled with walkers way more than before. We need to make it out of this. I grabbed my knife and rammed it into the skull of a walker taking it down. We dove under the truck and it was like it was no use. Walkers were crawling on the ground to get at us as well. My hand touched something and I looked down. A chain, yes! I looked at Aaron and nodded. I got out from under the truck and using the chain as a whip I took down three walkers. Aaron came out and started taking down walkers.

"Over this way!" Aaron called.

I ran and thats when I seen a car. We started to run to it and I was nearly grabbed. I was so grateful the car was unlocked and opened the door climbing inside. Aaron got in but not before a walkers head got in and tried to bite him but he slammed the head in the door.

I looked around. We were surrounded walkers everywhere. How were we going to get out of this? What can we do?

"Glass will hold for a while, right?"

"Maybe. Maybe we can make it so they can't see us. In a couple hours, something will come by, they'll follow it out. There's got to be something in here we can use to block the view. We can cut up these seats."

It was then Aaron pulled out a little crumbled note between the seats that had a message on it. It was in pencil but finished in blood.

TRAP. BAD PEOPLE COMING. DONT STAY.

We both looked at eachother. My heart started race. Was this the end?
------------------------------
*Third Person*

Glenn held back Skylars hair as she heaved into the toilet.

"Ugh, I hate everything" she moaned.

Glenn rubbed her back with his free hand comforting her.

"Let it out Sky."

"Shut up" Skylar groaned reaching for the handle and flushing the toilet.

"I don't think you're in the position to be giving orders missy" Glenn told her.

Skylar turned and gave him a glare that actually made him back up slightly. Groaning Skylar sank to her butt on the floor and leaned her head back.

"You should go, you don't need to see this" she told him.

Glenn shrugged.

"It's okay-"

"Seriously go. I'll be fine just going to relax" Skylar told him.

Glenn stood up.

"You sure?"

He asked as helped Skylar to her feet.

"Yeah, go do something else besides check in on me. I'm pregnant not dying."

Glenn chuckled and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and headed towards the stairs but stopped.

"You going to the meeting tonight?" He asked.

Skylar nodded.

"Yeah I'll be there."

"What do you think? Do you want him gone?"

Skylar shook her head.

"No of course not. I trust Rick I always have I just think maybe he's confused right now. We lived on the outside for so long it's not easy for everyone. But no I want him here" she explained.

Glenn nodded and then headed downstairs and outside. He sat down taking a deep breath when Maggie came up from behind into view.

"Hey"

"Hey" Maggie said.

"So you met with her?"

"Yeah."

"So what is it?"

Maggie took a deep breath.

"It's what we thought. I'm gonna talk to people. Talk to everyone I can up until. I'm gonna try and solve this" she explained.

This was bad. Deanna wanted Rick out. There was going to be a meeting with the whole community about it later. Hopefully we could make this all go away and things can start to be normal.

"What?" Maggie asked pulling Glenn out of his thoughts.

"Nothing."

Maggie sat down and looked at him.

"What?"

Glenn put his hand on her knee and looked at her.

"I love you."

Maggie gazed at him.

"We're gonna work it out. I know it. I'll see you there"

"Yeah."

Maggie stood giving Glenn a kiss then walking away. Glenn heard a creak and looked to see Nathan climbing up on of the walls.

"Where the hell is he going?"