Chapter 35

Okay I think I've done enough torment here's their talk the moment you've all been waiting for hahaha. I hope you like it 📖💙

*Skylar*

I watched the door close behind Rick and my eyes met Daryls. My heart started to flutter those blue eyes I loved them so much and what hurt was now it was painful to even look into them. It was as if all I could see now was the look he gave me before he turned away. And I hated that I just hated it.

"Skylar" Daryl repeated.

I averted my eyes.

"Daryl" I said.

I heard him move closer and I looked up and made a B line to the couch. He stopped and looked at me with sad eyes.

"Skylar baby...please I just want to talk" he begged.

"So talk."

He sighed and took a deep breath. I was getting jittery from nervousness but I wasn't going to show it.

"I love you."

I love you too.

"That doesn't make it all okay."

"Skylar I'm sorry  I'm so sorry I know that doesn't even begin to cover what I've done. I hurt you and it kills me knowing I made you feel this way"

"Daryl-"

"No, please just let me say this. All I've thought about the past few days is us. I wanted to fix it and I didn't know how...I couldn't face you, not-not after what I'd done. And that was hard because...I knew on the other side of the gate you were hurting. The last thing I ever wanted was to hurt you Sky. I was in shock...I couldn't function, I couldn't wrap my head around it I'm sorry."

Before I was aware of his movements he was in front of me. I found myself looking up at him my eyes filled with tears.

"I know you're sorry Daryl. I'm sorry too, sorry for not telling you I know I should have but I was scared...and everything that I thought would happen happened and it made everything come crashing down. You left me-"

Daryl grabbed my face in his hands and laid his forhead on mine.

"No, I was always here. My heart was and will always be with you. I love you so much Skylar" he whispered.

The tears spilled over my cheeks. I  sniffled and Daryl used his thumb to wipe one away.

"I love you too."

Daryl ran his thumb along my cheek.

"Baby please don't cry."

I pulled back and looked at him.

"I'm scared Daryl."

He took my hand and pulled me down on the couch next to him.

"I'm scared too."

I sniffled and wiped my nose and looked at Daryl.

"I mean..I know you didn't want-"

"No, Skylar I never meant to make you feel like I didn't want this baby."

"But..when I asked you said-"

"To hell with what I said then Skylar. I don't care about that, I care about right now" he explained squeezing my hand.

I hung my head and looked at our hands. My eyes went to the wedding band on his finger. Before all this, he chose to marry me. He wanted forever and so do I. I wanted a life our life.

"Skylar baby."

He slid down to his knees in front of me and held my thighs.

"I want you, I want us. I want to raise our baby together. I don't want to lose you"

His bottom lip started to quiver.

"Daryl-"

"I can't lose you" he hung his head and cried on my knee.

I ran my fingers in his hair and wiped away a stray tear that had fallen.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" he sobbed.

"Hey, hey look at me."

He lifted his head and I looked into his tearful eyes. They held nothing  but sincerity.

"You aren't going to lose me okay. I'm right here, I love you. I'm not going anywhere" I told him and I meant every word.

"Can you- can you find it in your heart to forgive me? It doesn't have to be right away, and I know I don't desrve it. But please Sky"

I nodded.

"Yes."

Daryl engulfed me in a hug and we just held eachother. Not knowing what would come next but we'd get through it.