Chapter 24

*Daryl*

I sat next to Skylar as we all cooked the dogs. It was food it was easier to look at it that way instead of any other way. Skylar sat next to me her knees pulled up to her chest. I rested my hand on her shoulder and squeezed. When she looked at me I asked,

"You okay baby?"

She nodded.

"Yeah I'm just tired. Thirsty"

I sighed. I felt like shit, I was supposed to protect my wife and instead Im sitting here watching her get dehydrated and starve. At least we had food now we just need water.

"I know."

"We all are" Rick said as he looked at us crouched down next to the fire roasting a piece. Suddenly and rather quickly Skylar got to her feet.

"You okay babe?"

"Exscuse me."

Then I watched her make her way into the woods. I looked at Rick and he was just as confused as me.
----------------------

*Skylar*

I caught my balance on a tree and bent over feeling the need to throw up but nothing was coming up. I leaned back against the tree and took several deep breaths. The smell of the meat cooking was making me sick. The same thing happened when I was pregnant before. I felt the same way. Abraham was right I was pregnant. That's when I felt my chest start to constrict and my breathing increased. I was on the verge of crying when I heard a twig snap. I looked over and relaxed when I seen it was just Carol.

"Geez Carol you scared me" I told her my breathing slowly returning to  normal.

"You okay?"

I pushed away from the tree and nodded.

"Yeah, just exscused myself wasn't feeling good. I'm fine"

Carol walked closer. My nerves started to tingle on edge she had her hands resting on her hips.

"I happened to notice you getting sick a lot lately" she said.

I looked at her,

"It's been a rough couple of weeks Carol. The heat, no food, water-"

"You got sick just now and you haven't even eaten yet. You only seemed to get sick when Rick started cooking the meat."

I stood not knowing what to say.

"Same thing happened when I was pregnant with.....Sophia. I uh, I became sick at the smell of cooking meat. Is that what's happening here?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"I don't what you're talking about I-"

"You're pregnant aren't you Skylar?"

I felt the lump in my throat for again. My anxiety was rising very close to unsafe levels. I looked at Carol and folded my hands together.

"You can't tell anybody" I told her my voice getting hoarse.

Carol looked at me seriously.

"Skylar, you need to tell people. We need to make sure you're safe."

I sighed running a hand through my hair.

"I can take care of myself."

"I don't doubt that. Who else knows?"

I sighed.

"Just Abraham. He figured it out before I did. Carol please let me do this my way? Please? I'm begging you."

Tears filled up in my eyes and fell onto my cheeks.

"Sky."

Carol closed the distance between us and hugged me. I sobbed onto her shoulder and she rubbed my back.

"Its alright hon"

"I'm so scared Carol."

She pulled away and took my face in her hands.

"We will figure this out okay? I need you to believe that, now come on wipe away those tears. We need to get back."

-------------------------------------

Hey guys hope you enjoyed the chapter. Stay tuned for what happens next :)