Chapter 38 - Dejá Vu

"Wow." He says, and I smile as I look down at my shoes, imagining how squished and ugly my toes would look if the shoes were see-through.

"Thanks. You look nice too." I say, awkwardly. Why am I being so awkward? He was wearing beige baggy jeans, like always, and a white shirt with a patterned pocket. He looked hot.

He grabs my hand, and we walk down the hallway to the elevator. An old couple were already in there, and they smelt like moth balls. I smile at them as we enter the elevator and things got awkward real quick.

"So, uhm." Jai says as he stares ahead at the door. I stare ahead with him, and hope for the door to open very soon. The elevator stops and the doors slide open. Thank god.

We scramble out and towards the front door where a taxi is waiting outside. I walk towards it, but Jai grabs my hand and pulls me back before I grab the door handle.

"We're walking." He says, and I sigh. I hate walking. We begin to walk down the footpath and my feet already hurt in these shoes. They are too small, and literally hurt so much. He then reassures me with, "It's not far."

"So, why is it so awkward between us all of sudden?" He asks, and I look over at him.

"I don't know." I answer, and I look away at the ocean. It looked beautiful, the waves perfectly lapped over each other, in the distance on the white sandy beach, I see children playing and parents talking.

On the water, I see sail boats, and pelicans flying around. It looked so peaceful, and gorgeous. I could definitely live here.

"Gemma." Jai says.

"Sorry what?" I ask, snapping out of my daydream.

"We're going to this restaurant, it's supposed to be really nice." He says, I nod, and continue my thoughts.

I could just imagine living here with Jai, after school of course, we'd live in a apartment near both our work places. We'd walk together, and get so far then go our separate ways. Most lunch breaks I'd go to a little café around the corner with my best friend, and have a coffee and a muffin or something actually healthy. Sometimes during the day, Jai and I would surprise each other with something, roses or a visit when we are incredibly stressed at work.

In the afternoons, I'd go to gym with my best friend. Then when I went home, we'd talk about our day over coffee, then cuddle up on the sofa watching a movie or tv. But when we have kids, we'd have to move out, and find a place with a backyard and nice neighbours. Hopefully, a quite neighbourhood with a train station near by to travel to work, and it'd need to have a pretty perfect school.

"Jai?" I ask, he "hmm's" and I continue, "where do you see us in five or even ten years?"

"I don't know, why?" He asks, and looks down at me. Jai towers over me now, but I think he likes it. He always hated hugging people around the same height as him, which is weird. Now, he rests his chin on my head, and I nuzzle my face into his chest. He always smells so good.

"Just curious."

We finally arrive at the restaurant, and it was gorgeous. The building and furnishings looked like they belong in the 1800's, and I know exactly why Jai picked it.

"You know me so damn well." I say, staring at the amazing chandelier over our table.

"Well of course I do, you've my girlfriend for two years today." He says, and I bring my hands to my mouth, completely mortified. I totally forgot.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry." I say. I felt like I was about to cry, and a few seconds later I did.

"Gem, it's okay." He says, and rubs my back, whilst hugging me in the middle of all these people eating. Personally, if anything stretched the limits of PDA, it'd probably be this.

"No, I'm sorry. I can't believe I forgot our second year anniversary, and also made a complete nincompoop of myself in public." I say, and he laughs so loud and hard that the whole restaurant looks at us.

"What's a nincompoop?" He says, laughing so hard that he's crying.

"It's a fool."

"God, I love you." He says, and the waiter walks towards us. He was cute, with ruffled hair, like Jai's after he wakes up, and amazing green eyes. I had to mentally slap myself.

"Are you guys ready to order?" The boys asks.

"Uhm, yeah." Jai answers. We give the boy our orders, and he walks away.

The rest of the night was amazing, we stayed until closing time then walked along and lay on the beach until sunrise. We lay in silence, but a comfortable silence for what seems like hours. The food was absolutely amazing, and the time after it was even better.

Whilst we lay on the beach, he hums a tune, then sings quietly. He stands up during the song, and stretches his hand out to me.

"Dance with me." He says, and he pulls me up. I hang my arms around his neck, and he rests his hands on my waist. He begins to sing quietly into my ear again, and his voice was like honey.

We sway to the lovely tune, and he drops my head back, I giggle and he smiles. He stops humming for a moment, and just stares at me with these loving eyes, and small smile that made my heart melt. The face that your boy makes when he really loves you, but you usually don't notice.

I've always wanted someone to look at me like that, you see all those couples (no matter what age) looking at each other in that way. It's such a beautiful thing to witness, and now I know it's even better when it's happening to yourself.

****

Hey everyone!!! So this chapter had a lot of meaning to it, I guess. my friends boyfriend looks at her in that way and it was literally so adorable, I felt like my heart was going to burst for her.

I just UGH.

Anyway, please vote, comment, FAN AND SHARE.

ily guys, thanks for all the support throughout these last couple of years. I've been writing this trilogy for about one and half years now and some of the comments you all leave are so lovely. Wether you've commented or voted on every chapter, or you've just been reading, wether you've been here from the start or just came here. Thank you so much.

All the love - layla.