Chapter 20 - It's All In The Stars

OMFG. JAI'S NEW VIDEO, WHATEVER, ON YOUTUBE CALLED TOMORROW DESCRIBES THIS STORY. I CRIED. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AveZVRwF_x8&feature=player_embedded

I need the lyrics. I'll use it in the last book. It's on the Shy EP. I can't wait. :'(

***

Sometimes I wonder what Jai is thinking about, he does the absolutely weirdest things when it's just him and me, alone, and in his room (which is happening right now) or we're just basically alone. It's like I won't tell anyone what he does, pfft, yeah right. I totally don't tell a soul.

*Roles eyes in a sarcastic, but nicer than sarcastic way*

"Gemma!" Jai says as I sit at his desk. My mum said I could come over to Jai's place for 2 hours, since we only got back from America yesterday, and what does Jai do? Lay upside down, hanging off his bed.

"What?" This is how he spends time with me?

"What are you doing?" He asks. I guess in Jai's brain.

"Sitting waiting for you to do something normal with me." I say.... Nothing normal what-so-ever.

"Okay." He says and continues to hang upside down.

"Ughhh. Come on Jai. Get your fat ass off that bed and talk to me." I say, trying to sound as Brent Rivera as possible.

"You still like that dude?" He says and I stand up.

"Yes, but who cares? Jai! Get up!" I say and he finally lifts himself off his bed.

"I love you." He says with a grin.

"Yeah, you're annoying." He says.

"You still don't love me?" He asks.

"I don't know." I say and his mood drops. He's like a homeless bloody puppy dog. He follows you around until you finally give in and play with the ugly bloody dog, then every time it looks into your eyes, and say in little puppy speech 'I love you' and you just pat it's head and walk away. It's sad and it just hangs around until you say 'I love you'... It's... yeah, it's a metaphor.

"Okay." He says and starts to go back to his bed. Oh god no.

"But Jai." I say and he turns around. I walk up to him and put my short arms around him.

"I like you, a lot." I say and I feel his cheeks get puffier next to mine, as he lightly smiles.

"You just made my day, Miss Lovett." He says as we pull back from our hug. Then he puts on a cheeky smile and lays backwards, upside down, on his bed again.

"Ahh, I give up." I say, walk out of the room and sit in the hallway until Jai comes out.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"Waiting for you to be normal."

"Come here." He says.

"Why?"

"Because I want a hug." He says with another cheeky smile.

"No, you're going to tickle me." I say as I start creeping slowly down the stairs. We've done this heaps of times, he's pretended to want to hug me and then he ended up chasing me through the house, but only when we are alone. It's weird, we only do the cute teenage couple things when we are alone.

"Gem! Come on. I won't tickle you. I just want a hug." He says as he walks closer to my hiding spot. He walks straight past me.

"Are you serious? You didn't see me?" I say and turn to see me hiding behind the door.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" He asks and I nod, yes. We decided to watch The Hobbit, which I have never seen before. Jai holds my hand while we watch the movie, it was comfortable and I felt protected. When we hear the door open and foot steps and the door closes, Jai lets go of my hand.

"Jai. You shouldn't be embarrassed in front of your mum." I say and he stares into my.

"You think that's what this is about?" He says.

"No. Just whenever you're around her you don't hold my hand or do the things we normally do." I say.

"It's just awkward." He says.

"Hold my hand." I say and he does as we walk to the front door where Alana is sort through her mail.

"Hi Alana." I say.

"Hello darling." She says and we walk past her while Jai tells her we're going for a walk.

"See? Not awkward." I say.

"Gemma. She didn't see us."

"Jai, she knows we're together, so she knows we're going to hug and kiss and hold hands. What's the problem?"

"The last girlfriend I had, we used to do that in front of my mum and after we broke up, it was awkward, until you came around. I just feel uncomfortable about it. I care about you too much." He says as we walk along the road.

"Okay." I say. It's really easy to get Jai to open up.

"I promise I'll be nicer to you." He says and a tear runs down my cheek. I look away from him and down at the ground. Why am I crying? He doesn't notice. When we get to the end of the street we lay down on the grass and watch the stars appear one at a time. Jai looks over at me and then at my arm.

"Are you doing that because of me?" He asks.

"No." I say.

"Then why?" He asks.

"I feels right." I say and he picks my hand up and kisses the top of my hand, the tears fall faster. I don't know why, there really is no reason.

"Please don't." He says, softly, with a sigh. We lay there for a long time until both of our eyes finally shut and we're asleep.

In the morning I wake up and Jai is gone. The sun is making it's way through the tree that is now above me. I hear footsteps then Jai hovers above me.

"You ready to go back in to the real world?" He asks.

"Not really."

****

:(

I have the last chapter of the next book in this series planned out. I warn you, it's going to be sad.

Anyway, please vote, comment, and share!!

Happy Waetforder Wednesday!!!

Bye!