Chapter 1 - New... ish

At some point in someones life, they will make a decision they wouldn't usually choose. I chose that decision and I regret it, most people don't, but I do.

A new school year and a new life. So far, no friends, no boyfriend, no one. Valery moved to Queensland somewhere and Lizzy and Olivia are just plain old bitches. I didn't know what I was going to do as I walk into the school gates.

Coincidently, Jai is the first person I see, he kisses his new girlfriend and walks away from her. I mentally cringe every time she touches him, she's probably a better girlfriend than I ever was, but Jai hurt me. You can't blame me for blowing things out of proportion. I don't care anyway, I'm starting new... ish. New friends, new... well, teachers. New year, new me, until Lizzy walks up to me.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"I heard you and Jai broke up." She says.

"You're seriously like a vulture." I say. "He's got a girlfriend anyway. You're out of his radar, I suggest you date the nerd, he might appreciate it."

"Ooo. Ditched for the black girl." She says with an evil chuckle, as well as ignoring my statement.

"She may be aboriginal, but don't call her black. That's just, well sort of, racist and he didn't ditch me for her. I broke up with him after he kissed her, he didn't even like her, but he still kissed her and I wasn't happy." I say.

"But now they are all lovey in public and you're jealous, right Gemma?" She says.

"No. I'm not jealous, I don't care." I say and walk away from her. The bell rings and I walk to my next class. It was boring and I sat at the back of the classroom doing absolutely nothing. I was dedicating a lot of my time to school this year, but first week of the year we do nothing at all. Which is a good thing.

The day finished quickly and I walk toward Kayla's school. I get there and as usual she is waiting at the oak tree near the front gate, but not too near.

"How was your first day of grade 6?" I ask and she groans.

"It was horrible." She whines.

"Wait until you get into high school. It gets worse, trust me." I say and she sighs. We walk towards home and Kayla looks at me.

"I know I should be over it, but why did you break up with Jai?" She asks.

"It's complicated." I say as we turn a corner.

"So? Why did you break up with him? It's complicated, is not a reason." She says. Honestly, my sister is getting smarter day by day.

"He kissed another girl." I say.

"GOD DAMMIT GEMMA! YOU'RE SO SHALLOW." She yells.

"Just because I broke with your bloody idol does not mean you can yell at me." I say and storm off. I get home and run up to my room, slamming the door behind me. The rest of my afternoon consisted of listening to music and crying over my ex boyfriend. Fun.

****

Heyyy!!! Excited for the new book?! It's jam packed with love and drama! :P

Please vote, comment and SHARE!! Love yee's!