Chapter 20

"I'm not talking about Luke." I said while tossing my arms stubbornly. I kept walking, forcing Harry to keep up with me.
   "Well, whatever. But the guys want us to get them food. We're stopping down at Nando's." He said shortly.

  "I don't want any food." I jutted my chin out and didn't look at Harry.
   "Well, that's too bad because I'm not stopping back at the buses. They won't leave without us in it. You have to come anyways." Harry didn't seem too happy with me trying to make friends while in stuck on a tour bus with nine guys for the next few months.

    "Fine." I didn't have anything more to say as we walked out to Harry's car. "But won't people get pictures and rise up rumors of us again?" I said, cocking my head to the side before getting into his car.
   He smirked bitterly and shrugged. He slid into the drivers seat and I hopped into the passenger seat. "We'll just have to take a risk then." Harry said.

  I didn't uncross my arms when he started driving. I leaned my head against the cool window and closed my eyes. I thought back to the moment where I'd seen Luke at his weakest.

"I just didn't want him hurting you." Luke looked up at me, his blue eyes churning like the sea filled with tears.

I can't understand why he would care if I got hurt or not. When I first met him, he was incredibly rude. Was he impulsive? I tried to piece together the string of events and make connections but nothing made sense and nothing could lead to a solution to Luke's actions.
    I had tried to ignore the pain in my chest when I saw Luke's bloody face after I'd cleaned up Caspar. But it had hurt me. Some part of me wanted to hold him and clan his face and my Caspar's. Some part of me wanted to feel sorry for him. Except in reality, I'd thrown knifes at him, making his bleed even more on the inside. He really did look sorry. If only he had a good reason for punching Caspar.

    I hadn't noticed that Harry had driven a long way until he stopped the car and poked my shoulder. "You awake?" He asked me.
   Remember I was mad at him, I nodded coldly and got out of the car. I could order for Niall; he and I always came here when the boys were together. I bet I could remember what Louis wanted as well.

Harry and I walked into the homey restaurant and we stepped up to the to-go table. "Hi miss." Harry said with a sickeningly charming smile. I rolled my eyes. He shouldn't use his charm like that.
The lady behind the register looked up and smiled back. I almost wanted to warn her to not fall in love with this man. She would get her broken and not know who broke it and why he did it. "What can I get for you?" I squinted at the name tag on her yellow apron. It read Andrea.
"We've got a big order to-go." Harry said to her. He started naming all the orders that he'd scribbled on a piece of paper. Andrea kept up with the orders as fast as she could. When Harry was done ordering, he looked at me. I quickly told the girl Niall's order. I'll just mooch off of his food. He'd let me. But I don't know if I wanted to be in any tour bus at the moment, considering I didn't want to see Luke or be with Harry.

We waited for out circular buzzer to make a noise to tell us our food was ready. Harry and I didn't speak over that period of time. I just stared dat the blank space in front of me. Harry constantly was changing his position from crossing his arms to his hand sin his pockets. His eyes scanned over every surface and analyzed everything. He was very observant like that. When you spend a lot of time with people, you start to notice the little things they do.
"Order number 7!" The girl called and our buzzer vibrates in my hand. I blink, coming out of my trance and walk up to the counter. Harry grabbed a large paper bag full of food and I grabbed the other one. I thanked her and made a beeline for the door.
Thankfully, I got into the car without having to talk to Harry. I flipped on the radio so the silence wouldn't be so awkward. Music helps me take my mind off of things an distract me from the real world.

Blink-182's I Miss You was on the alternative radio. I turned up the volume reasonably loud. When Harry clambered into the driver's seat, I saw his visibly cringe at my music choice. But he didn't say anything until we were out of the parking lot. "Can you please turn that stuff down?" He sounded quite angry at me. He reached over the console and turned the volume down when I didn't respond.
"Why do you have a problem with my making friends?" I asked him calmly.

"I don't have a problem with you making friends, I just think you aren't using your judgment and brain to think about it." He responded with his eyes glued on the dark road. We seemed to be the only car on the lonely street.

"I'm 17. I use my brain more than you use yours in that stupid band of yours. You're nearly robots controlled by your management. Guinea pigs, really." I muttered. I hadn't expected him to get riled up and angry, but he slammed the steering wheel in anger.
"Damn it, Brinley, why do you have to be th-" he started to exclaim.

But I had been watching the road. And a huge truck came out of nowhere.

"Harry, watch out!"

The last this I remember is the sound of sirens and everything going black.

A/N: pls don't hate meh. Okay byeee⛪️