Chapter 52

My blaring alarm woke me up early, a lot earlier than I waned it to. I opened my bleary eyes and groaned as the sunlight filled them. I pressed two hands over my face and breathed slowly.
I tossed off my covers and stood up. I stood up too quickly and my vision turned black around the edges into a tunnel. I stumbled around until I reached my bathroom. I popped open the pill bottle and downed two of them. I shook my head and my eyes cleared.
  I stared at myself in the mirror for who knows how long. All is as was a ghost-like figure. A pale girl with fragile bones and spirit.

    I walked out of the bathroom, flicking off the lights. I plodded downstairs to see nobody there. In the kitchen, I pulled out a bowl, spoon and some cereal. I didn't bother putting milk in my cereal, since I wasn't planning on staying long.
I ate the whole bowl in ten minutes with no distractions. Staring into space felt more suitable than being distracted by my phone right now.

Once I had dumped my bowl in the sink, I crept back upstairs without waking any siblings. In my room, I pulled out joggers and a sweatshirt. I put the clothes on and swiftly draped my hair up into a ponytail. I hadn't gone running in a long time.
I unplugged my phone from my nightstand and grabbed my earbuds.

After I'd put on socks and sneakers, I left the house and stepped out into the cold and rainy town of Doncaster. I pulled my phone out of my picket and turned on Bea Miller's album Not An Apology, which is amazing and really gets me motivated. We're Taking Over played into my ears, filling every worried crevice in my brain.

I started off running to the park, which was about 2/3 of a mile away from our flat. The park had been my safe place when I was younger. I'd always go there to think of be alone. Living with these many siblings when Louis isn't home to supervise is tiring and draining.
When I had reached the park, a different song had started.
"We were making history, breaking rules and breaking free." I recognized these words as Young Blood. I stopped running to catch my breath. I placed both hands at my middle and plopped down on a maroon bench.
    I turned up the volume even louder so I could drown out any excess noise.
    "We've got young blood, can't destroy us. We make our own luck in this world."

    I'm going to make me own luck, whether I get help from Luke or not. I'm going to become a singer or someone that really means something to people. I'm going to get up and do it, not just wait around for someone to hand it to me.
     I had started to stand up before I saw someone walking towards me. Never mind, angrily walking towards me. I quickly stopped the music and pulled out my earbuds once Annabelle approached me.
    "What the hell, Brinley?" She yelled, giving me a slight push on the shoulders.
    I was totally taken aback from the physical contact of my best friend. "What are you talking about?" I asked her through gritted teeth once I regained my balance.

  "You know what!" She yelled. "You left me there at the stadium with no explanation to where the elk you'd gone off to, probably to blow off you uncle, who I am 99% sure is not really your uncle." She crossed her arms and I could see the snake venom in her eyes and her mood, radiating hatred off of her body. "Who was that? And you didn't even text when or if you got home if you were safe or not! You didn't think that I would just leave you without wanting an explanation, huh?" She spat at me with her words stabbing every piece of skin.

   I looked down at my feet, which were toeing at some grass underneath me. "Look, I'm sorry, okay?" I said sharply. "No, it wasn't my uncle but really, he drove me home and I'm fine." I said while sitting back down on the bench and putting my head in my hands.
    "Well, if he wasn't your uncle then who was he?" She snakily stood over me, like a predator stalking its prey before going in for the kill.

   "He was my friend and I hadn't seen him for a while so I wanted to catch up with them!" I said defensively. I'm clueless as to why she was egging to angry at me. This was a harmless little white lie.

   But then she dropped the bomb. "Then why did your so-called friend look a lot like Ashton Irwin?" Her snake eyes dove into my soul and made me squirm uncomfortably.
"What are you talki-" I started to protest but she cut me off too quickly.
"You know that was Ashton. And I want to know what you were doing at 2am with my favorite band." When I didn't respond to her, she scoffed and flicked a piece of hair off of her face.
"I can't believe it. Brinley Tomlinson is a groupie!" She squealed with fake enthusiasm. "But not like anyone was surprised. Only surprised when I told them you hadn't hooked up with Niall yet." She smirked and my face whitened. The tight look on my face dropped and my eyes were as wide as dinner plates. "What's more embarrassing, not getting One Direction to hook up with you or being a virgin because of that?" She twirled her blonde hair along a long, sharp finger.
And with a smirk, she leaned her face in close to mine. "And guess what?" I couldn't speak; my voice was caught in my throat. "People are going to blow when I tell them that you drugged 5 Seconds of Summer into having sex with you." She fake pouted and then grinned devilishly. "Toodles!" She called before strutting away.

A/N: PLOT TWIST BIATCHES. this was really fun to write BC I love being a bitch. Okay byeeee🌂