Chapter 36

Luke's POV:

    "Thank you so much for having us Toronto! You're all amazing! We love you!" I said into the microphone when we finally finished our last song. "And now, One Direction!" The stage went black as the lights were turned off so we could transition.
    I grabbed my guitar and ran off stage , where Michael, Calum and Ashton were already laughing. Ashton kept looking around like he was looking for someone. I could see the worry evident in his eyes. He kept looking around and drinking his water opposed to saying anything like he usually would after a show. We'd all be hyped up on adrenaline.

   "Ashton," I asked him, placing a hand on his shoulder. He jumped and little bit and coughed. "Are you okay?" I asked him.
   "Yeah, yeah. Fine." He brushed me off and walked very fast back into the dressing room. I furrowed my eyebrows. He was acting weird. Weirder than usual.

   "Hey Luke!" Mikey called me over to where he and Calum were popping open bottles of beer from a cooler. "You want one?" Michael offered me one.
   I shook my head and pushed it away. "No, I'm good. I need to go find Brin anyways." Calum raised his eyebrows at my statement and swallowed a large chug of the alcohol.
  "Mhmm. Of course you do." He said teasingly to me. Red flared up in my cheeks.
   "Shut up." I mumbled before walking away, back to the buses.

      I knocked lightly on the doors of the One Direction bus. "Hello?" I asked. Maybe she was hanging out there, even though One Direction was performing right now. No sound came out of the bus. I tugged on the handle of the doors. It was locked. It would never be locked. The boys were too careless to lock it.
     I tugged harder. I finally pried it open with a rock and nearly pulling off my finger nails. I got in and took a heaving breath. That took a lot of energy. "Brinley?" I called out in a singsong voice. "Are you hiding?" I chuckled. It seems like her to play games like that. I looked around the bus for a few minutes. I was getting worried.
     I stood up straight and walked out of the large bus. Perhaps she was on our bus. It would make sense.

    Getting more relieved, I walked a short distance to the 5SOS bus. I easily opened the two flap doors. We never locked those either. We probably should because the fans would go crazy if they found the buses.
     "Brinley?" I shouted, whining loudly.  I walked around the bus, checking her bunk and the back room, even the fridge.  "Where are you?" I muttered to myself, flopping down on my bunk. I was crazy tired from the show.

   Something crunched under my heavy body when I laid down. Confused, I jumped down from my bed as a piece of paper fluttered down from the bedsheets. I picked it up, hand shaking.

    Dearest Luke Robert Hemmings,
First things first, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. You probably don't know what I'm sorry about because you just started reading this letter. But you can't find me, I know. I'm gone. No, don't try and find me. My mother and and got me before you guys finished playing. I'm on a plane by now. You must be very confused. It's so very complicated. I'm not ready to tell you. You won't be ready to hear it. And you probably won't. Don't be mad at Louis or Ashton, please. It's what's best for me. I'm not coming back on tour. I will probably never see you guys again. I wish I could, but it's not good for me.
   I guarantee that your band will get amazing(you already are but more) and every person on earth will know the name 5 Seconds of Summer. I truly believe in you. Your lyrics mean something to your fans. Don't tell them, but I like your music more than One Direction's.
     Sometimes I spend some time thinking about if I hadn't met you or the others. My life would be totally different. I would be depressed out of my mind and might even be dead.
    But I had met you. And I'm so damn glad I did because you saved me. Before this tour, I was convinced that life had no meaning. But it does, with you, it does. I didn't even realize until last week how much I really love you. How much you mean to me and everyone around you. You don't see it, but there's an aura radiating off of you  and like a magnet, people are drawn to you. I never expected to make four new friends on this tour. I never expected to become so attached to any of you. I remember when we first met, you were so introverted that I was annoyed with your cocky behavior. But when I got to know you, I finally saw your sweet, sensitive side. I'm glad that I got to in the time that I knew you.

   I didn't want to tell you that I was leaving before the show because it might effect your performance. The last thing I know you want to do is let your fans down. I know how much you cherish them and what they do for you. You are so happy doing what you are doing, please don't stop just for one girl who is probably dying at the moment.
     I remember all the songs you wrote about me. I remember your laugh. But most of all, I remember when I first knew I was too attached to you. When you had punched Caspar because you were obviously jealous that he had asked me out before you could. You didn't think I noticed but I did. I noticed it all.

   Do me a favor, after you read this, burn this letter. I don't care where or when but only read this once. It is best for all of us. I'm not good for you. It was fun while it lasted. It was a great journey while it lasted.

          Love always,
   Brinley

PS: I wrote your letter last because I was crying too much. I thought that maybe our good memories would stop the tears. It didn't. Just made them worse.

PPS: I always loved you. I always will.
I love you Luke.

A/N: well shît.

Pls don't kill me

And yes I cried too.

Okay byeee🐑