Chapter 49

Luke's face whitened. He leaned backed from my face. "What?" I bit my lip. "What do you mean? What are you talking about?" He asked me in a soft whisper.
     "Luke, you have a girlfriend." I sighed. "This isn't going to good for either of us. I'm not letting you cheat on her." I said firmly.

   "Brinley, she's just for publicity. She's not serious." Luke tried to say to me. He looked desperate for anything.
"Luke, I can't lead you on and just leave." I said with sad eyes. "I have to go home soon, you know." I told him.
"No, please. Don't leave." He begged me, on the verge of tears. "You can stay on tour with us. We can drive you home and you can get your stuff. You can stay with us." He said.
It sounded like heaven. The way he said it, like nothing bad would ever come out of this. It was so persuading and tempting that I just wanted to give in and stay with him forever and not have to worry about my health or my family.
      "You know I can't do that. I need to leave eventually." I said softly, looking down.

     "Brinley, if you leave me, I will cry myself to sleep every single night. I won't stop thinking about you ever." Luke pleaded me. "I don't know what I'm supposed to do without. When you're gone, I can't breathe, I can't think."
   I looked away from his face. "Please come with me. Tour is only two months longer. It could be amazing and we would have so much fun!" He yelled and stood up. I stood as well and moved a few steps toward the door.

"This isn't right. Luke, you need to forget me." I said to him, holding out a hand so he couldn't come any closer. I couldn't just try and leave. Luke wouldn't let me do that easily. He took my hand, guiding me closer to him.
"But I can't. After all we've been through, I can't! Don't you see that?" He asked me in a harsh whisper, gurgling words bubbling out of his mouth with no end. "Stay with me." He led me close to his body, pulling me in.

I tried to resist and pull away. I tried to fight back. I tried to stop my heart from racing. But I couldn't. I was in love with him and it's never going to be easy again.
"I don't know what to do." I whispered into his chest, letting his engulf me fully and wrap his arms around me. "I can't stay. I can't leave. Where am I supposed to go?" I whimpered.
Luke stayed silent, holding me and pressing kisses to the top of my head. "I have a plan, don't worry. I know what to do." He said confidently after a long time of thinking.
I pulled away and looked up at him. I cocked my head. "What plan?"

   He smiled a little bit but I could see the sadness and anxiety in his eyes. "Just leave it to me. Ashton can drive you home tonight." He kissed my cheek and walked out the door.

    I stood there like an idiot in the room, looking at the blank wall and blinking. What just happened? What did I agree to? I sat down on the chair, sinking down into the fabric and leaning back. I really hope Luke's plan works.
        I pressed my hands to my face and let out a loud groan. What am I getting myself into?

    A knock on the door snapped me out of my thoughts. "Hello?" Ashton's voice rang into the room. I looked up at him and groaned again. "It went that badly, huh?" He asked me while strolling over to their snack table and picking up an apple.
     "It was very confusing." I told him while standing up. "But I didn't even get to spend some time with any of the other guys." I said sadly.
   "Well, they all wanted to ride home with you so they will be accompanying our drive back." Ashton said tiredly but sounded somewhat excited.

I smiled widely and skipped out into the hall, snatching my coat off of the table on my way out the door. Calum and Michael were out in the hall, sitting on the ground against the wall. Calum was watching Michael play Pokèmon over his shoulder on a DS Lite. I chuckled, remembering back to the days when I had one of those. They were so much fun, if Lottie hadn't dipped it into her paint jars.
I sat down next to Michael. "Play the Charmander!" I suggested. He was in the middle of a battle and his current Pokemon was out of energy.
He took my advice and ended up winning a Starlax. "Yes! Another Pokemon!' He cheered. "Thanks Brinley!" He wrapped an arm around me and we stood up. I brushed off my pants and gestured a thumb towards the door. "I heard you guys are my escorts home." I said, following out to where Ashton was leaned against a car.
They followed me out as well. "Yes! Road trip!" Calum cheered to himself.

"Shot gun!" Michael yelled. I groaned and slid into the back with Calum.
"Oh cmon Michael, you always get shotgun." Calum complained to Mikey, who was already busy fastening his seatbelt.
"That's because you're too slow." He teased back to Calum.
I put a joking arm on Calum's shoulder. "Don't worry, we'll get him back for this." Calum mirrored my devilish grin on my lips.

This was going to be an interesting ride.

A/N: agh it's short again sorry guys. I don't know how to end this so the next few updates might be really boring but you never know I could get seriously inspired in the next week. But thanks for reading and I love all of you! Okay byeeee🖖