Chapter 34

Brinley's POV:

"Let's play a rocking show tonight, boys." Ashton said as he looked up from his phone and at Luke, Calum and Michael.
We were lounging in their dressing room, which wasn't much of a dressing room. They had food, a tv, and not many clothes. Fresh guitar picks and capos, drumsticks for Ashton. And many sweaty dirty towels that they'd used. I stayed far away from that area of the large room.

We were all sat down on brown leather couches, waiting for showtime. They were all playing around and having fun, dancing to old Nickleback songs.
I, for one, could not have fun. They hadn't seen me pack up all my clothes. They hadn't seen my take all my stuff from the bathroom and shove it into my suitcase. They hadn't seen me writing letters to them in my bunk when I'd said I was "taking a nap".
I knew my mom was on her way. I would leave during the last song they play, right before One Direction. She texted me an hour ago, telling me to be ready to leave quickly. I hadn't even responded but she knows I'd seen it. She always knows.

     It took me a long time to write the notes. I poured all my heart into them and left it there because I have no use for my heart back home. It took long also because I couldn't stop shaking. If grown so very close with all of these boys, even though we'd been through more hardships than good times.
   I can't imagine leaving my brother again. But I know I have to. Fighting is useless. Mum always wins everything. I can't help but wonder if I was going to be missed by anyone. They can use my space though. I know that Michael likes to spread out. He's cramped in a tiny bunk that Luke says smells like sweaty balls.

    I snapped out of my thoughts when I saw Calum and Luke dog like on Michael. Ashton was calmly on his phone when it started ringing. His face brightened when he saw who it was. He stood up and slunk out of the room into the empty hallway.
    I looked left and right. The boys were too busy with untangling themselves to notice out absence.

    I leapt up and tiptoed out to the door way that Ashton had disappeared into. He was right around the corner, sitting in a black chair. He had his phone to his ear, smiling slightly. He looked more tired than before though.
    I shouldn't  be listening in. But I can't help but hear.

   "Hey mum, how's it going at home?" He said to the person on his phone, presumably his mother.
   Chatter went into Ashton's ear and he responded. "I know it's hard having me be away but it's only a bit longer." He said in a reassuring tone. His mum sighed on the other end on the line and said something. "I miss you too. And Harry and Lauren." He added after a sad chuckle. He wiped his eyes.
   The light reflected a tear of his, dropping to the ground like the first raindrop of a new spring.
     "Alright. Put them on the phone. I wanna talk to them." He sniffled after that and paused for a few seconds until I heard loud laughing and shouting.

   "Hey Harry!" Ashton said gleefully. Harry? Like Harry Styles? What was he doing with his mum in Australia? He's in his own dressing room.
   Then the thought occurred to me that Ashton probably has siblings named Harry and Lauren. I smacked my forehead quietly in realization.

I covered my mouth with one hand to muffle my loud breathing. Ashton laughed happily and then went silent. "So you're gonna be a rocker like me, huh?" Ashton said then fondly over the phone.
This made me nearly melt with happiness. His little brother was learning from his brother and following in his footsteps. "Hey, can I talk to Lauren bud?" He asked after a few other comments.

Ashton waited for his sister to come on the phone. When she did, I could hear endless chattering coming from her. Ashton laughed at all the comments about some stupid girls from her school or how there was tape on the back of Jack G's back when he presented his project, whoever he was.
"My god, you just turned twelve, didn't you?" Ashton's voice got higher in worry. "I'm so sorry I missed! My friend was in the hospital and the tour." He was cut off by his sister. "But I shouldn't have missed. I left you guys all alone." He sounded more guilty than his sister was feeling.

I felt guilty that I was partly a reason that he missed his sister's birthday. He was really beating himself up for it. "Hey, I gotta go. Show time. I'll see you guys soon, I promise." He assured the girl in a sad tone.
"Okay, bye. Love you Laur." He said before disconnecting the call. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

Then he stood up. My eyes widened as I swore in my head. I tried to scurry back into the dressing room but it was no use. "Brinley?" Ashton said when he saw me.
My eyes stayed wide and my mouth hung open. His facial expression was a mixture of confusion, sadness and disappointment. "Uh, hey!" I said, trying my best to look casual and like I wasn't just listening to his conversation with his family. "I was just going to get some water." I lied, placing a hand in my neck.

"How long were you standing there for?"

A/N: wow this ending sucks balls sorry and so does this chapter. I know I've been slacking but I have my reasons! Okay byeeee😪