Chapter 26

Not gonna tell you who's POV it is. Figure it out for yourself(lol I'm so nice):

I felt like I was drowning in an ocean that stretched out for millions of miles. I felt like I had been drained of all my energetic to even breath or think properly. I felt like I'd been trampled by elephants. I felt like I was a newborn baby, small and clueless as to what's really happening in this world.

I came to consciousness before I actually opened my eyes. Thoughts spawned in my head like an alarm going off in a fire. I still was physically unable to open my eyes. It seemed like weeks passed before I could finally gather my own thoughts. I would hear things, in and out, too. I could hear shuffling, muttering and I could feel someone injecting something into my arm. I couldn't my mouth and tell her to quit shoving stuff in my veins.

I also heard male voices and very few female voices. A lot of the male voice sounded British, as I was familiar with. But there was another, deeper, more passionate voice that I heard more often than anyone. Was it my boyfriend of sorts? This thought had crossed my mind more than once, but to be immediately shut down by my inner self saying, lol stfu nobody wants to date you.
But he kept coming back, whispering things and kissing my hand. And every time he would leave because someone needed him, his name was covered up by loud buzzing. I couldn't catch the syllables or letters.

    But he did keep coming back, day after day, talking to me and stroking my hair. His deep accent soothed my stressed comatose state. He would tell me things about some other people named Michael and Calum and Ashton and Louis and Harry. At least those were the reoccurring ones. Sometimes people named Niall, Liam or Zayn.

   I have no clue who those people are but I let him talk. I wanted so badly to reach out and touch him, to hold his hand and caress him cheek. I knew that he was important to me and it could be possible that he loves me. Sometimes, I think he said my name. I distinctly remember him once saying, "I'm sure you're gonna wake up soon Brinley. I believe in you." He often ended up crying while cradling my head.

     I can hear his footsteps walking into the room. I still can't open my eyes or talk or do anything other than breath or think. I want to though. So badly. It's like I'm almost there but I keep slipping away.
    "It's been a long time Brinley." He says as he sat down in a chair. "I've written another song about you." He chuckled to himself. "If I hadn't in the first place, maybe you wouldn't be here." Then he sounded sad. "It's been so long, Brinley." He was on the verge of breaking down crying now.
    "But I wrote you a song to say I'm so sorry for being an ass and hurting you and hurting Calum and hell, even hurting Caspar." I heard the sound of guitar strings being strummed softly by his hands.

This is everything I didn't say

Wait, don't tell me, heaven is a place on earth
I wish I could rewind all the times that I didn't
Show you what you're really worth

The way, you held me, I wish that I had put you first
I was wrong I admit, numb from your kiss
While you were slipping through my fingertips

    He sang beautifully and easily, his words readily gliding out of his mouth.
   The song was everything he didn't say. Suddenly, memories clung back to me like sticky syrup. They all flooded back into a tsunami of emotions and thoughts.

  I inhaled sharply. He stopped playing. Silence cut through the room. No buzzing in the machinery, no more playing. "Brinley?" He asked in a low whisper.

   You can do it, my mind told me. Wake up. Do it for him.

   I struggled to open my eyes. I tried to open my mouth and speak to him. I tried to move.

  Then I heard him sobbing and muttering things under his breath. "She's gone. She'll never wake up. This is all my fault." He said between sobs into his hands.

   Then I made a decision. I need to open my eyes and tell him that I'm okay and I'm here for him. I'm not going to let all those people suffer because I can't open my freaking eyes.

  Do it! Do it now! My mind screamed at me.

   And then everything was bright. I pressed my eyelids back and let the sunshine come through the curtains. I let myself take in a large breath of fresh air, literally. I opened my mouth.
    "Luke," his name croaked out of my mouth. Just seeing him, his bloodshot blue eyes that could make me die and his soft blonde hair that glittered in the sun and his face and his shoulders and his legs and his hands that I wanted to hold, was enough to make me cry.

   His head slowly turned up, half in fear and surprise. It was like he wasn't sure this is real. "Luke, it's me." I said, swallowing down my dry throat.

   "Is it really you?" He asked in a harsh whisper. I nodded, biting my lip and blinking the tears away.
    Then he ran up to me and pulled me into the biggest, most loving hug I'd ever gotten. He sobbed into me shoulder. I move slightly to allow him so climb into my bed. He never released the hug. He repeatedly kissed my cheeks and my forehead and my hair. "I thought you were gone forever."

A/N: Yeasssss it's Brinley. Are you guys happy with this moment? Because I am. What should their ship make be? Bruke? Linley? Comment your answer. Okay byeeeee🖖