Chapter 9

"We have one minute till we're on! Let's go!" Michael yelled at the rest of the boys. They all huddled up into a large circle, including One Direction. Harry pulled me into the group too. I crinkled my nose and tried to escape, but it was no use. They were all stronger than me.
"Okay, you guys will be great out there!" Liam said, to reassure them. They all nodded and broke huddle. I walked up to the boys as they were lined up behind the curtain.

"Remember, if you mess up, they're gonna hate you." I said, clapping a hand on Luke and Calum's shoulders. "So don't mess up. No pressure." Calum made a worried face and turned his head to look at me. "I'm kidding! Jeez, lighten up!" I said, walking back to the chair that I had stolen from Louis' dressing room. 

   They ran out of stage, pumped on adrenaline and the feeling of being alive. "Hello Melbourne! How're we feeling tonight?" Luke's voice boomed through his microphone. "We are so grateful to be touring with an amazing band. Thank you all so much." He thanked the fans and fiddled with the knobs on his guitar.

   "We are 5 Seconds of Summer and this is Heartbreak Girl!" Michael shouted, getting an uproarious response from the fans.

   "You call me up, it's like a broken record, saying that your heart hurts." They began to sing and play flawlessly like they weren't even nervous. I was a tiny bit impressed by their stage presence, considering this is their first big show.

   They sang some other songs as well, some originals that some of the fans knew the lyrics to. Towards the end of their performance, they stopped to talk for a little bit. "So, we wrote this song very recently, maybe a week ago? We just got word from recording studio that we can play it tonight just for you guys!" Calum held his hands up in the air, obviously happy.
    "So this is Don't Stop." Luke said, looking slyly off stage and winking at me. I raised my eyebrows and dropped my jaw. 

   The song started with a few simple guitar chords. Then the words came.

You're like perfection, some kind of holiday
You've got me thinking, that we can run away
You want I'll take you there
You tell me when and where
Ooohh oh oh

This was a pretty good song, for one they just wrote a short time ago.

But then I, asked for your number
Said you don't have a phone,
It's getting late now
I've gotta let you know that

The words sounded very familiar to me, like I had said them out of my own mouth.

Everybody wants to take you home tonight
But I'm gonna find a way to make you mine

Don't stop doing what you're doing
Every time you move to the beat it gets harder for me
And you know it, know it, know it
Don't stop, 'cause you know that I like it
Every time you walk in the room you got all eyes on you
And you know it, know it, know it

Then I realized that I had said it before. My mind flashed back to the night of the party. Luke had asked for my number and I said I didn't have a phone.

You come in close now, swear I can taste it,
You've got me tongue tied I can't escape it
I'm loving what you got
But then you push me off
Ooohh oh oh oh

Luke had tried to put his arm around me and I had pushed him off. Oh no. This is bad. Very bad.

And everybody wants to take you home tonight
But I'm gonna find a way to make you mine

Don't stop doing what you're doing
Every time you move to the beat it gets harder for me
And you know it, know it, know it
Don't stop, 'cause you know that I like it
Every time you walk in the room you
got all eyes on you
And you know it, know it, know it

    I could barely focus on the rest of the song because I could only think that Luke had taken our sour experiences together and turned it into a soon-to-be hit song. Yeah, the tune was catchy. But the words were not acceptable. He had the audacity to make it sound like I was trying to get his attention.
   But no one could've possibly known it was me, right? No one could've seen us. It was too dark with party lights. It's not like the paparazzi are going to track me down and shame me on magazines.

  But he can bet his ass that he will be getting a verbal beating once he steps his humongous foot off that stage.

They finished their set and started to walk off stage, fueled by the crowd's joy and excitement. But they were waiting for the real show to begin. As my brother and his friends gathered into a huddle, I heard them say their signature pre-show chant; "1, 2, 3, we push!" That was the sign that it was time for a show. They went on stage and the screaming intensified.

   I found Luke Hemmings casually drinking from a water bottle on the other side of the stage, hidden from the fan girls. I grabbed my own water bottle off of the table with food on it and threw the cap off.

  I tapped his shoulder after making sure that he didn't have anything electrical on him. Let's be honest, I'm not trying to put him in the hospital. Kind of.
    He turned around and his face went pale. It seemed like it went in slow motion. I dumped my water bottle onto his golden hair, turning it into a deeper brown color. Once it was empty, I was smirking and the crew were definitely surprised.  
   "What the hell was that for?" He asked me, dripping wet. Damn it. How is he still attractive?

"I think you know what that was for."

A/N: SO MUCH DRAMA FOR THE LLAMAS MAMA MIA. Mhhmm she told him. Okay byeee🗣