The Proposal

JESS' POV

Louis had gathered us all in a circle on the sofa's. He looked nervous as we all stared at him, waiting for him to say something. He stood up abrubtly.

"Look guys there is something I really need to say before we leave. I wished it could have been in a nicer setting but I chickened out earlier so I may aswell do it whilst we are surrounded by the people we love and care about the most"

He grabbed my hand and pulled me up so that I was facing him. I gave him a small smile though inside I was worried about what he was going to say.

"In all my life I have never met a girl so perfect, so beautiful. You are the single best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm so lost without you. You have helped me through so much in the time that I have known you when most people would have just turned around and walked away. You helped me be re-united with my own mother which I would have never done if it wasn't for you. There is nothing I don't love about you. Everything you do or say only makes me love you that much more, I don't even know how it is possible to love you anymore than I love you now. You are honestly my world and I can't think of anybody that I would rather start a family and grow old with. Honestly I am scared to death about being away from you. Even though there is distance I know that we won't love each other any less than we do right now. So I guess what I am trying to say is, you are my everything and I love you with all my heart. So Jess" He said getting down on one knee as the tears fell down my cheeks.

"Will you Mar.." The door swung open, cutting Louis off. In walked a brunette I never wanted to see again in my life. Eleanor.

"Hey Louis baby, I'm back" She said pulling him up and slamming her lips against his. A raging fire burned in the pit of my stomach. I rushed out the room and ran to the only room I felt I wanted to be in right now. Zayn's. I didn't lock the door in case somebody wanted to come and find me. The door opened less than a second later and a very worried looking Harry and Zayn rushed in, locking the door behing them. One look at them and I burst into tears. They wasted no time in hugging me. They told me that everything would be alright but somehow I didn't believe them.

"Look, you don't know what Louis is doing. Maybe he is kicking her out, telling her that he never wants to see her again. We know he loves you" Zayn reassured me. I thought about what I had just done. Zayn was right, Louis loved me too much to get back with her even if it was for the band.

"Can we go back in?" I asked them as I wiped away the trails of black mascara that had run down my face. The boys nodded and followed me back to the sofas. Eleanor had a bright smile on her face and Louis looked as if his heart had been broken in two.

"You guys will never guess what just happened" Eleanor squealed. We all stood in silence as nobody really wanted to hear what she had to say.

"Louis and I are engaged" She squealed happily, planting a huge kiss on Louis cheek. My insides raged with jealousy but at the same time I was overwhelmed with the pain of my heart breaking. I was frozen to the spot as I looked at each person. I then ran from the room and this time I went to Harry's room. I curled up in a ball in the corner of the room. I choked on my tears as they streamed down my face. Harry walked in the room and locked the door. He said no words, he simply walked over to me and pulled me into the tightest hug.

"I wish I could tell you everything would be okay but at this point in time I really don't know. I have no idea what Louis was thinking. I'm sure there is an explaination"

"I love him Harry but it's quite clear that he is with her now"

"Well if he is going to be like that then you don't need him. You have Me, Tara, Niall, Liam and Zayn"

"I guess so."

"I know so. Just stay strong princess. I love you"

"I love you too Haz"

"Do you want to sleep in my bed tonight because I assume you won't want to be with Louis"

"Yes please. Erm Harry...Do you think maybe I could borrow one of your shirts. Its just I usually sleep in Louis and it helps me sleep. So can I use one of yours"

"Of course you can" Harry took his top off and handed it to me. I quickly changed into his shirt and climbed into bed. I was physically and mentally exhausted and I don't know how much longer I can stand the pain that I am feeling right now. I cried myself to sleep but even then my dreams haunted me. They all seemed to be of Louis. I could just see it happening, Louis and Eleanor having children, getting married and growing old together and I would have to simply watch the man I love more than life itself with another woman. A thought crossed my mind, weren't the boys supposed to leave tonight. I saw that Harry was awake even in the early hours of the morning.

"Harry why are you awake?"

"You've been crying all night"

"I'm so sorry for keeping you up, I can leave if you want"

"It's fine honestly I don't mind"

"Harry aren't you have supposed to have left for tour?"

"Well yes we were supposed to leave but then everything with you and Louis happened so we called Paul and he said we could leave first thing in the morning. None of us really wanted to leave you tonight. Tara offered to look after you but I wanted to do the job myself."

"Well thank you"

"It's nothing honest"

"It kind of is Harry. I don't want you guys to put your careers on hold for me"

"But we would all do it in a heartbeat. Now go to bed you could use some sleep after the day you've had"

"I can't sleep Harry, my heart hurts too much"