Drunk

JESS' POV

I laughed off Brandon's comment at first but I soon saw that he was serious. I seriously could not be dealing with this right now. I grabbed my coat and left the house alone. It was early hours of the morning so the only people out were either drunk or on their way to work. The bright lights of the cars and the street lamps.My head started to pound and my legs turned to jelly. I couldn't even stand anymore. I fell over and ended up hitting my head on the wall. I had no strength to get up and just ended up laying there. I dropped in an out of consciousness for about an hour and a half. Eventually a gentle British accent drifted to my ears.

"Hey, are you okay?" I couldn't form any words so I shook my head.

"Look I wouldn't normally do this but you don't seem dangerous and you look pretty bashed up so I'm going to take you to mine and get you sorted out then I will take you home in the morning when you are sober and can actually stand up"

Once again to answer I nodded my head. He carried me bridal style back to his house which wasn't too far away. The rest of the night was blurry and I can only remember falling asleep.

MYSTERY MAN'S POV

Thank God she didn't recognise me, I know I'm not that famous but still. I wouldn't normally pick up girls off the street and take them home, but there was something about this one. Something told me that she wasn't just a slut who was drunk on the side of the road. No, this girl seemed too innocent and helpless. Well I guess we would see in the morning what type of girl she was. I only hope I was right about her, for my sake because I could already see myself seriously liking her.

In the morning

JESS' POV

I woke up with a pounding headache in an unfamiliar bedroom. I began to panic. What did I do last night? All I can remember is leaving the house and falling asleep. A soft knock came from the door.

"Erm come in" I said but It came out almost like a whisper. The door creaked open and in walked a familiar yet very unfamiliar man.

"I guess you probably want an explaination, considering you were pretty hammered last night I am 100% certain that you won't remember how you got here" I nodded weakly as I stared into the stranger beautiful eyes that were almost mesmerising.

"Well I found you drunk and bashed up on the side of the street and you agreed to come back here with me so that I could fix you up and then I would send you home when you were sober"

" Oh I see, well thank you. I've had a pretty rough time and I guess things just went downhill from there."

"Oh well I'm sorry to hear that"

"Sorry to be forward but do I know you from somewhere"

"Well you might. My name is Dan Howell or danisnotonfire"

"Oh you're the guy from you tube. Yes it makes sense now. I've seen a few of your videos. Sorry that makes me sound like a stalker and a bit crazy. Sorry"

"It is fine, stop apologising. How about I make you some breakfast and then drive you back home?"

"That would be perfect Dan, thank you"

"Anytime" I freshened myself up in the bathroom and then went downstairs where Dan had made some pancakes. There was another man sat at the breakfast table eating pancakes. I had seen him in one of Dan's videos before and if I am not mistaked he has his own you tube channel too.

"Hi, I'm Phil"

"Nice to meet you Phil. I'm Jess"

"It's a pleasure. Sit down and eat some pancakes"

"Thank you" I ate my pancakes in silence. I looked around their apartment and it was filled with all kinds of cool stuff. Stuffed teddy bears lined the shelf and there was other nerdy yet cool things.

"I really like your apartment guys, it's awesome"

"Thanks, not many people like the nerdy crap we have but we love it"

"I think it gives the place a nice feeling"

"Yeah it does"

"Anways lads I best be off"

"Here I'll drive you" Dan offered grabbing his car keys off the kitchen table.

"You sure?"

"Positive now lets go" Dan drove me home and when we got back I invited him in for a cup of tea. He happily obliged and we talked for hours. I went upstairs to grab a jumper but when I got up there I noticed that all Brandon's stuff was gone. My heart sank. I went back downstairs with tears in my eyes.

"Are you okay?" Dan asked.

"No, my best friend has left and I don't know why. He was the last thing I had left. My friends have gone away for 4 months and left me by myself" He pulled me into a soothing hug.

"You will be fine as long as I am here" It had never felt more right yet so wrong at the same time to be in the arms of another man.