Chapter 11

Chapter 11.

April.

"You want somethin' to drink? Ion drink much but I assume you would like somethin' fruity."Zay said.

"Oh no, I can't drink."I declined."I can't seem to keep it down now and days."

Saturday night, like Zay said, we went out to a club. I also invited Chris and Lola so that we wouldn't be alone. I invited Lance & London too, but they said they wouldn't be able to make it tonight. Something about planning a trip.

"Aw, I guess we both sober for the night then."He sighed.

"Well, why can't you drink?"

"Prohibited to on the night befo' a game,"He shrugged.

"Oh right. Right."I shook my head."For a second I forgot you're on our football team, our homecoming game is tomorrow."

"Mhm."He nodded."You don't seem like the type to come to our games."

"I'm definitely not."I shook my head with a chuckle."But I dont mind coming if you want me to."

"I think it would be fun for you to come."He shrugged."Like back in the day."

"I'll see."I answered. Of course I'd have to visit August first.

"You have to try this!"Lola laughed, shoving a drink towards me."It's so good!"

"I can't."I frowned."My body rejects alcohol for some reason."

She pouted."Aw man. Well I'm gonna take down the name so we can try it some other time."

"Okay."I laughed watching her go back over to the bartender. Chris just shook his head but smiled at her nonetheless.

"He in love like hell."Zay watched them too.

"I know. It's adorable to watch."I sighed."She deserves it."

"I don't remember her bein' like this in school."

"She wasn't."I chuckled.

"She was kind of a....well, you know."

"A bitch."I answered which made him laugh."It's okay, you can say it. She'll say it too."

"Yeah, she was like that. Or at least that's how I remember her."

"You had her right."I watched her pull out her phone."She didn't like many people and treated them like shit."

"I guess that's why you two friends huh? Cause y'all complete opposites?"

"We're not complete opposites."

"Mean and nice is really all I got. She also more open with shit. Most of the time you quiet."

"I am not quiet most of the time!"I gasped.

He shrugged with a grin."Whateva' you say."

"I'm not!"

"I hear you. I really do."He nodded sarcastically.

"Okay."I nodded as well."I'm quiet? Okay."

"What?"

"What?"

"Why you say okay like that?"

"Don't worry about it."I waved him off."I'm quiet."

He looked at my serious face for a few minutes before bursting into laughter. Not being able to help myself, I joined in on his laughter.

"Aha-ahaha. What's funny? I wanna laugh too."Lola walked over to us again with Chris right behind her.

"It's a joke you had to be there for."I pushed a piece of my hair out of my face."Did you get the name of the drink?"