Chapter 26

Chapter 26.

April.

"Hey!"I giggled and dropped to my knees. May and June licked all over my face all the while barking in excitement. I rubbed their heads in amusement."I know babies, I know. You missed mama. I know."

They began to whine as I straightened up to my feet. I frowned and stepped aside to let London in."Mommy's sorry for leaving you for so long."

"Reunited at last."London stepped inside."I brought the drinks ladies."

"What? No. No drinks. I didn't say anything about bringing drinks."I shook my head.

"They're here now, no sense in letting them go to waste."Lola said from the couch as I shut the front door behind London.

"I think bringing alcoholic drinks was a good idea."Kennedy smiled at London.

"Thank you."London faked a smile to me before bringing the drinks to the kitchen.

"Well I don't,"I pointed to Zya,"there's a perfectly innocent child here."

"You don't mind us drinking a little, right?"Lola turned to Zya.

Zya just shook her head no.

"See."Lola smiled at me.

I looked to Heather for help.

"I don't mind."Heather shrugged with a small smile.

I groaned and threw my head back."Woooow. You're all so full of it."

"Blah, blah. Grab a drink and pop a squat."Lola waved me off.

"No thanks. Just water for me."I walked into the kitchen to get it.

Upon entering the kitchen I saw London in there, angrily shoving bottles of alcohol into the fridge. I watched her in pure confusion for a minute before I decided to speak up.

"Everything alright?"

"Yeah."She answered without hesitation.

"You gonna take it easy on the bottles then?"

"What?"She stopped then looked down at the Hennessy in her hand."Oh. My bad B."

I huffed."Come on London, tell me what's wrong."

"Nothin'. I'm-"

I tilted my head at her and folded my arms across my chest."You really wanna try that with me?"

Sighing, she let her head drop in defeat. I took her by the forearm and pulled her to the island in the middle of the kitchen. We both sat down and I told her to tell me what was up.

"It's just fuckin' Lance dude."

"What'd he do?"I propped my elbow on the island and leaned my head against my hand.

"He's pissed off at me 'cause he got a damn haircut. Like that's my fault."

"It's just hair."I laughed.

"I know but not only that, he's been drivin' me insane about havin' a damn baby."She rolled her eyes.

"Sooo?"

"So I don't want a damn kid April."She stressed."And now that he's got his damn haircut he's takin' his anger out on me."

"You two can't compromise some how-"

"No. No April, you don't get it."She pulled at her curls."Me and Lance don't just argue and call it a day. We fight fire with fire till one of us blows up. Then that blow up causes another argument until we just pretend it never happened."