Chapter 21

Chapter 21.

April

"Oh my god."I whispered.

I was in so much shock that I barely heard my phone crash to the ground.

"I bet cho' screen cracked."August shook his head at me."Sad."

I put a hand over my mouth to try and mask the sob that came out. My shoulders shook too with every tear that fell. I knew they were tears of joy so I did nothing to try to stop them but it was also due to the fact that I was now aware of my racing hormones.

"Come hea'."He cleared his throat. His voice sounded really scratchy but at the time I was just happy I was even able to hear his voice again.

I hesitantly stood up and made my way over to him, stopping halfway to press the button for the doctor to come.

"Why you cryin' Phat?"

"I thought you weren't gonna wake up."I sniffled.

"Na' why would ya' wish dat on ya' man? I'm aight baybeh, stop cryin'."

"I can't and I can't believe you're acting like you didn't just wake up in the hospital."I fumed while trying to wipe away my tears.

Half of me wanted to hug him for waking up but the other half wanted to punch him for scaring me like that.

"It's not da' fact dat I'm ignoring whea' I'm at, it's jus' dat I'm mo' worried bout chu' right na'."He licked his bottom lip."I would grab ya' hand but I can't move my damn arm."

I giggled and sniffled again, gently grabbing his hand."Better?"

"Yeah."He smiled."How long I been out?"

"Just since yesterday as far as I know. Do you remember passing out in the prison? In solitary confinement?"

He blinked hard and shook his head no."Ion rememba'."

"Well, your little friend is up too."

"What?"He looked down at his bottom half.

"No."I laughed."Not that friend silly. You're actual friend, acquaintance or whatever you two are."

"Oh. Who?"

"I actually forgot his nickname. I'm friends with..a friend of his."

"How he look?"

"He's really light skin and-"

"Red."He immediately said.

"Yeah, him I guess."I nodded.

"What friend you know of his?"

"I don't what they are to each other exactly."I sighed."How are you feeling though? You haven't even said anything about your condition."

"I feel like shit if I'm gon' be real witchu', and ion even wanna think 'bout my condition right na'. I'm jus' happy ta' have you hea'."

"Really?"I smiled.

"Mhm."He smirked.

"Well...I might have to step out in a bit."I bit my bottom lip.

"Why?"

"The doctor's about to run a few more test on you. Just to make sure you're really okay."

"Aight."He cleared his throat and tried to shift in the bed."You gon' come back in though, huh?"

"Of course. I'm just gonna be right outside the door."

"Ya' promise? Cause if you ain't hea'..ion know if my po' heart gon' be able ta' take it."He exaggerated with a frown.