Chapter 35

Chapter 35.

August.

I whistled,"May & June c'mon. Les' roll out!"

I heard the two of 'em fightin' ta' get down the steps befo' they ran past me out the front do'. I shut and locked up behind me, bringin' my keys wit' me ta' my truck.

Today, me and my lady goin' get us a crib.

We talked about movin' in togetha' officially a lil bit while I was in da' hospital, but we neva' got da' chance ta' look up the house again afta' I got out.

"I have a doctor's appointment today."April said da' minute I started da' truck up.

I looked ova' at ha',"Fa' what time?"

"Nine."

"Aight."I noticed ha' monotone voice."What's wrong witchu'?"

"Nothing."

"Sho'?"

"Positive."Ha' eyes stood glued ta' ha' phone screen.

Instead of questionin' ha' further, I sighed and backed outta da' driveway.

She been pissed at me fa' a couple of weeks since I been goin' ta' work every otha' day and night. I know she unda'stand why I have ta' do the community service and she jus' clicking out cause of ha' hormones, but ion want this ta' drive a small wedge between us.

I stopped at a red light and looked ova' at ha'. She was still all into ha' phone, not payin' me no mind. When she did look up, she only looked outta da' windshield.

"The light's green."

I stared at ha' fa' a minute, not sayin' nothin'.

"August, did you not hear me? I said the light is green."

"So?"I smirked.

"So that means go."She rolled ha' eyes then mumbled."Always have to act stupid."

"Boy, boy, boy..."I mumbled ta' myself befo' pullin' off from da' light.

It only took me anotha' hour ta' get whea' we was meeting da' realtor at, our new neighborhood if we liked da' house enough ta' buy it.

April had fallen asleep on the way thea' so once I pulled up ta' the house, I shook ha' shoulda'.

"Say. Phat get up."

"Hmm."She hummed lifting up.

"We hea'."

She rubbed ha' eyes and yawned a lil befo' stretching ha' arms out.

"Looks nice."She looked outta da' window.

"Yeah. We bouta' see what da' inside workin' wit'."I opened my do'."You need help gettin' out?"

"Nope. I have it."She opened ha' do' too.

"Well, what about May and June? Leave 'em in hea' or-"

"Leave them and roll the windows down a bit."

I did as she said befo' shutting and locking da' doors behind us.

April.

I fixed my dress a bit as I walked up the long drive way to get to the realtor's car. I huffed since it seemed like it was taking absolutely forever to just get there already. Bad enough it's early in the morning and I still have other things to do after this.

My feet are killing me and at only four months I'm finding out Autumn is going to be quite the chunky one.

The realtor, a woman, stepped out of the car the minute she saw me approaching. Her warm smile did nothing for my bad attitude and I saw it in her face that she could tell.