Chapter 19

Chapter 19.

Lola.

"What she said happened?"

"She didn't say anything."I shrugged."Just that he was in there."

"They can't catch a break."Chris sighed while I just nodded in agreement.

After getting the text from April, Chris and I decided we'd go see what was up with August. But it'd have to be later on today because since I'm off, I'll be watching Roman. I didn't know the seriousness of August's condition yet so I didn't want to take Roman up there with me. Chris had to go to work and my mom didn't get off until two in the evening–that's who's gonna watch Roman.

"Even though we don't get along all the time, I still wouldn't wish this on him."I shook my head.

"You think April aight?"He adjusted his watch around his wrist.

"I don't know."I shrugged."You know how she can get about him. Especially now and days since he's locked up. Pretty sure she distraught or something."

"Man, man, man."He blew out a breath."Jail...is a fucked up place."

"I don't even wanna know the details."I held up my hand."That shit scares me."

"Thought you was tough?"He smirked adjusting his cuffs.

"I'm tough but just not that tough."

"Shit-talker."He faked a cough.

"Play with me if you want to,"I warned him with my finger pointed at him,"and watch what I do you."

"I hear you mama,"He leaned on the bed with his lips puckered,"gimmie kiss."

"I think I'm too soft for kisses."I rose an eyebrow."Try again some other time."

"Girl,"He chuckled,"gimmie a kiss so I can go."

I looked at him then looked down at my phone in my hand.

I squealed when he yanked my arm, making my face turn to him once again. Without a second thought he quickly pecked my lips.

"Almost bust my damn lip tryna move so fast."I laughed, wiping off his kiss with the back of my hand.

"You really just gon' wipe off my kiss?"

"You're gonna be late for work."I sang.

"I ain't leaving till you gimmie a real kiss."

"Looks like you not gonna be making no money today."I scoffed, turning back to my phone.

"Shit, well no money mean no red Burberry trench coat with the purse to ma-"

"So what kind of kiss you want?"I let my phone fall to my lap."Slow? Fast? Sloppy? Cu-"

"That's pitiful."He laughed loudly."I have to bribe my woman to get a kiss."

"Boy please,"I sat up and grabbed his shirt by the neck,"you love me like this."

"I do."He bit his bottom lip while placing his hands on my hips.

"That's right."I smirked and adjusted his tie."So like mama asked the first time, what kind of kiss do you want?"

"Give it to me how I like it."He grinned, sliding his hands down to my butt.

"Mm, I'll give you a lil something more."I smiled pulling him close. Just as our lips moved to meet we heard a thud.

"I want cereal."

I giggled and pulled away from Chris. We both looked to our left, only to see Roman standing at the doorway with a toy by his foot.

"How 'bout I fix you some cereal before I go lil man?"Chris suggested.