Chapter 24

Chapter 24.

April.

"So did your braces hurt?"I pushed the Walmart cart.

"A little but only after the first few hours,"She answered with her hands stuffed in her jacket pockets.

Like I said in the car, I took her to Walmart to pick out whatever she wanted. Also to get food for me to cook. She wasn't very talkative but she was sweet nonetheless. Kind of reminded me of my younger self.

"Well you're free to get whatever you want."We came across the chip aisle."When you're done, I'll be by the dairy products."

She nodded and ventured down the aisle. I walked away and went over to the diary products. I first grabbed whole milk and put into the basket. But my mind kind of took me a detour when I found myself heading for whipped cream.

"I don't even like whipped cream."I frowned while still picking up a can.

I guess it was one of the many cravings. With a smile on my face I moved on to the cheese. The kind I usually buy was stuffed down to the bottom, causing me to have to bend over to reach it.

"Nice view."I heard a familiar voice say followed by a whistle.

I rolled my eyes and stood up straight, turning around to face him."Derek leave me the hell alone. Didn't I teach you to stay the hell away from me already?"

"One baby ass punch to the nose,"He scoffed,"yeah right. That sure taught me."

I turned back around, grabbed the cheese I needed, and pushed my basket away. I tried to ignore his foot steps following behind me but couldn't when he opened his mouth again.

"Ouu, I'm telling."He chuckled, folding his arms across his chest.

"What are you talking about?"

"I see those love bites on your neck."He shook his head with a grin."Ya' boy locked up so I know they ain't come from him."

"Actually-"

"Nah, nah. You ain't gotta explain nothin' to me. I already knew how you got down."He smirked."I'm just wondering why you ain't give me a shot yet."

I blinked before I continued walking. I wasn't even about to entertain Derek's foolishness. He was just a desperate ass, sorry ass excuse of a man. If even that.

"So you not gonna answer me?"

"I'm not gonna entertain you."I reached up and pulled down a can of nacho cheese.

"Oh come on, I'm full of entertainment. Just give me one shot."

"That joke was so funny I was forgot to laugh."I pushed the basket.

"It wasn't no joke."

"Oops."I shrugged nonchalantly.

I bit my bottom lip and looked through the rest of the dairy products, trying to see what else I might need.

"Yo' April why you playin' so many games ma'?"

I ignored him and tried to push my basket down the aisle some more until I was yanked back by my forearm.

"Aye-"

"Let go of me."I yanked my arm out of his grip."I told you about putting your hands on me."

"Stop resistin' and maybe I wouldn't have to."

I started to raise my hand to punch him in the face again but I saw Zya leaving from the aisle. Her head was down so she couldn't see the two of us.