Epilogue

Epilogue.

( July 2016 )

April.

I could hear sirens going off in the distance as tears continued to stream down my face.

"The jig is up Jennifer! Come out with your hands up and no one gets hurt!"The voice sounded like it came from an officer on a bullhorn, but that didn't matter to Jennifer–or Judy–or whoever this woman is, she didn't listen.

Instead, she continued to hold me hostage, an arm around my neck and a gun pointed to Red & Heather who both only burst through the doors about an hour ago.

I could hear the cries of the girls from upstairs, scared out of their minds because of the sudden turn of events. What started off as an innocent play date took a turn for the worst.

"That is my daughter!"Judy..or Jennifer...or whomever she is shouted over Meagen–or Hayley's loud cries. This entire situation was a bit more confusing to me than it was scary.

"Jennifer stop actin' stupid!"Red shouted angrily, a gun pointed to Jennifer as well."Let her the fuck go!"

I was completely convinced that the only reason Red or Heather hadn't shot her yet is because she also held the power to shoot me.

"I swear, you just wait until I get my damn hands on you-"Heather started to say but was cut off by the sound of the front window breaking.

In complete shock by the crash, I hit the floor and covered my head. Smoke quickly began to fill up the room like something off of a tv show all the while hard foot steps came running into the house. I heard Judy, or Jennifer, whatever–I heard her scream and something sounding like a gun falling to the floor. I heard Red telling the police to let him go and Heather shouting for them to give her her daughter.

In the smoke filled room I managed to see a couple of officers stepping on Jennifer's fiancée as they entered as well. He'd been shot in the chest minutes ago by Red and had possibly died right in that spot.

But over all the noise, I was glad I managed to hear August's voice too.

"April!"He shouted. By now the smoke had covered way too much of the room so I couldn't see him nor could he see me."April!"

"Over,"I coughed from my spot on the floor,"here!"

Hesitantly, I stood to my feet again, knowing being on the floor would get me hurt and wouldn't help August find me. Spinning in circles to see if I could spot August's tall figure anywhere, I called out his name a couple of times. Like I said, the smoke bomb did me absolutely no justice, I couldn't see a thing but figures. All I could mainly hear though, was stomping feet going upstairs, the kids crying, and the emergency sirens playing outside.

Just to my luck, I finally spotted his tall and lean figure standing a few feet away from me, mocking my actions by spinning around to see if he could spot me. I bumped pass a few officers to get to him, them also trying to grab me and see who I had been, though I made it my duty to get to the person I needed the most.

"A-Aug,"I coughed. Out of relief I hugged his back without hesitation.

He quickly spun around and proceeded to wrap his arms around me as well. He pressed a kiss to my forehead before he tried ushering me out of the house. I stopped him.