Chapter 20

Chapter 20.

April.

"You should go to school April. August isn't going anywhere."Nurse Natalie told me Tuesday morning.

Since everyone knew me here I was able to spend the night in Aug's room. Lola brought me my clothes yesterday and stuck around for a while until she had to get Roman from her parents. My parents and Kennedy stopped by as well, to see how August was doing and how I had been handling the situation.

London and Lance came for a while too but I was half asleep when they did. Seeing him just lying there and not responding to me sort of tired me out. Though I refused to leave his side, I knew I had to do something about school.

"No, no. I need to be here when he wakes up."I shook my head.

"Okay. Are you at least hungry? You know there's breakfast in the cafeteria."

"I'll get it in a bit. Thank you."

"No problem."She smiled."We shooed the nosey press away an hour ago. They can be really annoying."

I scoffed."Tell me about it."

Word had gotten out to the news about the two inmates in critical condition at the hospital. I could only imagine how many people are trying to get in or out of here now. One thing I knew for sure was that whatever or whoever landed the "two men" here would be handled. I know my August and my August isn't the type to just pick fights. When he fights, he makes sure he fights for a reason.

However, that reason should never land him four days in solitary confinement without anything to eat or drink. Those cops, nurses, and guards are damn lucky I'm pregnant because if I weren't, they'd have to deal with me.

"How is he?"I bit my bottom lip.

"He's doing fine."She looked at him."The doctor's just confused as to why he hasn't woken up yet."

"Is it something I should be worried about?"

"No. Not at all. It's rare but has happened before. He isn't exactly in a coma but he isn't exactly all the way here either. You know?"

"Yeah. I get it."I sighed and brushed my thumb over the tattoo on his knuckles.

"I hope he gets up soon though. We've pumped the fluids in but it would help a whole lot if he could eat."

"He's being dramatic-self as usual."I chuckled."Taking his sweet time."

The nurse and I shared a laugh before she exited the room. I stood in a little while, staring intently at August and shooting Zay & London a quick text regarding school. They both texted me back that they'd take the notes for me so I was grateful. Especially for Zay because I know he usually doesn't even take notes.

Since I knew I needed to eat I stood up to leave. As soon as I started to detach my fingers from August's, I could've sworn he latched on tighter. I froze in my spot and waited a bit to see if he'd do anything else, but of course nothing happened. I sighed and removed my hand from his all together to leave the room.

*

*

*

August.

"Well, I don't know what to wear."She frowned.

"Whatchu' mean? What I tol' you ta' pack?"

"Warm clothes."

"So whea' dat."

"Okay but which warm clothes?"