Chapter 38

Chapter 38.

( February 2016 )

August.

"At six months you'a think you'd be trynna rest ya' feet."

"Not today."She waddled ta' da' bathroom."I have to meet Auntie Norma at the hall. She's helping me with decorations."

It's February 7th and at this point, April six months in so we havin' a la' baybeh shower or whateva'. I didn't wun' go at first cause I figured it would be borin' but I really ain't have no say in it.

"You finally gotcha' lil penguin walk goin'."I laughed, lookin' at ha' waddle ta' every spot she needed ta' get to.

"Hehe, you finally got your lil-shut up!"She flipped da' bird ta' me then waddled off ta' our bathroom again.

"Yall mama mean."I looked down at May and June."She actin' like she need some of dat act right pipe."

Eva' since the baybeh been growin' mo' and April been in school, work, and pregnancy classes, and I been workin' twelve hours every otha' day or night; me and Phat haven't had no time ta' ourselves. It's sad ta' say but I wanna get all da' la'action I'ca get befo' Autumn come cause I know afta' that it's gon' be a wrap fa' a lil minute. 

"I heard that!"She shouted from da' bathroom.

"Good!"I shouted back."Maybe you'a start throwin' it back fa' a real nigga then."

"Well I would but he's sort of married right now. You know, Mr.Gwinnet that lives down the street."She giggled comin' out the bathroom."He seems pretty real to me."

I smacked my lips."Dat old ass man?"

"Uh, yeah. For your information, that old ass man makes bank."She turned in da' mirror and started undoing ha' la' pin-curls."His wife drives a Porsche and he's in a Jag."

"Dat nigga old enough ta' be yo' daddy. If not, older."

"Pft, with that kind of money, he sure can be my daddy."

I made a face,"I think I'm 'bout ta' throw up."

"Don't get jealous."She laughed.

"Of what? Ion care, das' on you if you want old nigga balls in ya' face."

She laughed louder,"Aug-"

"Ugh, they prolly wrinkly as hell bruh."I shook my head."Aw man, I feel sick jus' imagining dat."

She continued at' laugh at me while I was dead ass imaginin' this old nigga naked. Na' I'm drove cause I cant get dat nasty ass shit outta' my head.

"How are things going with Lance and London?"She asked.

"They ain't on speakin' terms he say."I cleared my throat."At this point, he say he thinkin' bout movin' out."

"Are you serious?"She stopped what she was doin'.

"As a heart attack. I guess neitha' one of 'em was ready fa' a reality check."

Wit' London being pregnant, arguments seemed ta' stir up fa' them mo' and mo'. Then when they moved into a new house and started gettin' shit togetha' fa' the baybeh, it got worse. It jus' finally came ta' a point whea' neitha' one of 'em wanted anything to do wit' one anotha'.

"That's so sad."She pouted.

"I know but they gon' bounce back,"I shrugged and picked June up,"jus' watch."

"If you say so."She sighed."Uh, I invited Carter and his girl."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. He said he needed to talk to you anyways about Nick or whatever."