Chapter 17

Chapter 17.

April.

"Mmm, shut uuuup."I groaned at the sound of my ringing phone.

I sighed in relief once it stopped but groaned louder than before when it came right back on.

My droopy eyes stung after I opened them to look around the bright room.

I stood inside all Saturday, crying until I fell asleep so that would explain my eyes.

Then I woke up only to repeat the same thing.

I don't want to say the pregnancy took me by shock but I also don't want to say it was something I had expected.
At that point in time I just hoped it wasn't true. Unfortunately, it became clear as day with the clarification of the doctor.

I looked over at my phone, expecting to see the alarm on the screen. However, I only came face to face with two missed calls from Heather.

"Shit."I picked up the phone and shot her a quick text."Forgot it was Sunday."

We agreed to go to the prison visitation together today to talk to our boys. The both of us haven't heard from them lately and needless to say we were a little bit worried. So now we'd both be going in my car.

Auntie Norma obviously never got to tell me why he wasn't calling so I decided now was a good time as ever to ask him myself. Especially since I planned to tell him about the pregnancy.

Though I was in denial myself, I couldn't find it in myself to leave him in the dark. I hadn't told anyone else because like I'd said once before, I feel like he should be the first to know.

I went into my bathroom and immediately frowned at my appearance. I hadn't noticed but my shirt was now too small, showing off the round bump that was now occupied by my...baby. A little small human made by August and myself.

"What am I gonna do with you?"I huffed, rubbing at my stomach.

The doctor informed me that I was now three months along, meaning I got pregnant in September. He also said now was time for me to decide my options.

Even though I didn't want a baby at a time like this, I most definitely did not consider any so called "options." Which we all know is just supposed to be some nice use of the words "abortion" or "adoption".

I'm both scared and alone yes, but irrational isn't in either choice. I would never make a decision like that–not by myself anyways. August has just as much say in the situation and I wouldn't dare not take his feelings into consideration.

After finally readying myself, I slipped on a pair of sweats and a hoodie. Everyone would probably question my fashion choice since it's so hot out but I wouldn't be showing off my baby bump just yet. I'm sure everyone's noticed by now but it doesn't hurt to be a bit more careful.

So with that being said I got into my car and headed over to Heather's house.

"I'm outside."I said into the phone the minute I pulled up.

"Okay, I'll be right out."Heather said before hanging up. Soon enough I saw her heading out of her house and into my car."Hey girl."

"Hey."I started the car up."You ready?"

"Yeah. Ready to see what this knucklehead then got into now."

"He's a trouble-maker or something like that?"

"Ignorant is what he is."She scoffed."He doesn't know when to shut his mouth."

"Mm. August has his ways too."I shook my head."You said you're from Chicago right?"