Chapter 22

Chapter 22.

April.

"Talk 'bout what?"He asked.

"I don't know how to say it."I felt my hands begin to shake.

"Jus' spit it out. I know it can't be dat bad."He rubbed his hand up my thigh.

"Depends."

"Well I'm all ears. No need in beatin' round da' bush wit' me. You know I gotcha' through whateva'."

"You promise?"I held my pinky up to him.

"I promise."He laced our pinkies then kissed my hand.

I sighed and sat up against the headboard of the bed while he laid his head on my thighs.

"Remember how sick I had been back in October?"

He nodded.

"Lazy, tired, hungry, easily irritated. The list could go on."

"Yeah, so what?"He shrugged.

"Well, I went to my doctor and he diagnosed me with stress."

"Right. You tol' me all this befo'."He shrugged.

"Right. Well, um,"I looked down at my shaky fingers,"after that, I...I-I sort of realized I never um, never got my period."

He didn't say anything but I felt his body tense, so I just continued. Might as well finish the rest of the bomb since it's already set in stone.

"And I-I figured I should go check myself up in the hospital. You know..just to clarify any suspicions."

With the realization of what I had been hinting at, slowly, he detached himself from me. He sat up straight and ran his hands through his hair, probably trying to wrap his head around the fact that I was now pregnant.

My eyes teared up at his reaction.

"August.."I tried to explain further but nothing managed to come out. The burning in my throat almost made me sick but I knew I had to set this straight with him.

I sniffled harshly while tears streamed down my face."August, I'm so-"

Though, before I could apologize any further, he cut me off by lifting my sweater and my shirt. He came in eye contact with the medium sized baby bump and carefully, he pulled me closer to lay his head near my stomach.

Silence settled in between the two of us up until I felt something like wet droplets falling against my stomach.

When his shoulders began to shake harshly I realized he was crying.

I could tell he had been trying to keep them in by the redness coating his face. His cries were quiet, but his sniffles told it all. That only made my water works harden.

I wrapped my arms around him and gently rubbed up and down his bare back to try to console him. His body shook in my arms as he proceeded to wrap his arms around me. I hadn't seen him cry this much since we were a lot younger. I didn't know if that was a good or bad thing.

But then finally, after crying with each other for minutes upon minutes, he broke the weeping silence between us.

"You luh me?"He sniffled while looking up at me.

"Of course."I shook my head."You don't even have to question that Aug."

"You trus' me?"His tear-filled eyes looked directly into mine.

"With everything in me."I nodded.

"Then we good."He sniffled and kissed my stomach."All three of us good."