Chapter 25

Chapter 25.

April.

"Yeah, that sounds great."Kennedy agreed over the phone."I'll be there. For what time though?"

"Six o'clock and don't be late."

"Won't be."She said before hanging up.

I sat my phone down on the counter and continued to cook breakfast.

Yesterday was sort of a surprise to me because I really thought it was a boy. But man was August happy about the fact that it's a girl. Our little girl. Could you even imagine? I honestly think he cried a little because before he hung up I heard him sniffling.

Of course I made sure I told Zya to keep my pregnancy a secret. It easily slipped my mind that she's related to Zay. I didn't want anyone to know just yet and neither did August. We said we'd tell everyone for Thanksgiving so that'll just be that. Plus it isn't like Thanksgiving is that far away anyways. No rushing, they can wait it out.

Although I'm not even sure if I'll make it through the night. With my excitement boiling from yesterday, late last night I planned a sleepover for today. I figured Zya could use a few more friends while she was staying over. I think I sort of freaked her out yesterday with my outburst. I apologized to her when we made it back to my car, explaining the whole hormonal thing to her. For an eleven year old she sure is smart.

"Zya would you like syrup on your pancakes?"I shouted.

"Yes, please!"

I told her she could stay up in the room if she liked and I'd just bring it to her. I love showing hospitality in my home or anywhere really. It shows your well-mannered and generous.

"Shoot, generosity could be my middle name."I mumbled while sprinkling syrup over her pancakes. Today I only went simple because I have to go to work. I would have called off but while at the salon yesterday, Heather texted me that Saje was on a rampage. Since she has the manger wrapped around her finger she could probably get just about anybody fired.

As I headed up the stairs I realized something. If I go to work, who would watch Zya? Sure she's eleven but I'd never leave her home alone. And I couldn't take her to the hospital because Zay told her not to go alone.

"Would you like to go to work with me?"I asked after opening her door.

"Uh, sure. Where do you work?"

"Victoria Secret in the mall."

Hearing it come out of my mouth sounded like a totally inappropriate environment for an eleven year old girl, but you have to do what you have to do.

"Is that the place where they get the lingerie and stuff?"

"Uh..yeah. How do you-"

"Zay goes there to flirt with the cashier sometimes."She shrugged.

"That idiot."I shook my head making her laugh."Well here's your breakfast, we're leaving in like an hour."

"Okay. Thanks."

I shut the door behind me and went back downstairs to get my own plate. On the first step up my phone rang.

"Yo."Zay answered.

"Hey Zay Zay. What's up?"

"Zay Zay?"

"Yeah, you like it?"I continued walking up the stairs.

"....I guess. But uh, I ain't doin' nothin' I was just callin' to check in with you. How Zya been?"

"She's been okay. We're actually having fun."